Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 8 April 2024

Walking songs - walk paths near by to where I live

Hi everyone. I hope you and yours are dong well. So the Tree Street Art Safari is done and dusted, and now I am in preparation for the Dardanup Art Trail on the 20-21 April. I wish to thank my wonderful hosts in Banksia Street for the Tree Street Art Safari where I have been exhibiting for 4 or 5 years. They are amazing and so generous to me. Thankyou! Thankyou also to everyone who visited or made purchases. It was lovely to meet and chat with you. Thankyou everyone.

If you missed it you can see some of what I do here - Doodling on Botanical Contact Eco Prints. I also do photography and lots of other things! 

It is early Autumn here and we are desperate for rain. It hasn't rained in our area since last September or October. It surely must come soon. Trees, some hundreds of years old, are dyeing - they are calling it "forest collapse". An ecological disaster. So awful. 

In between getting ready for these two art trails we try to go for a walk most mornings. We are lucky to have some great walks near where we live. Here are just a few. There are others we choose depending on the weather, and a few a little further away especially during wildflower season. Summer walk in Manea Reserve. You can read more by going to the links to my past posts. 

You might even see a kangaroo! 

Pram friendly walking path, Millbridge

Paperbark Cathedral Walk, Leschenault Estuary

A walk by the water , Leschenault Inlet, Bunbury

Where the Pelicans Meet

On the radio a couple of weeks ago they were asking for suggestions of walking songs. There are hundreds. Here are just a few, and down below a list I found on the net. 

Walk Right Back - Anne Murray

I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash

Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves

Moon Walk - Michael Jackson

These boots are made for walking - Nancy Sinatra

Walk Like an Egypian - The Bangles

Walk Right In - The Rooftop Singers

You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry and the Pacemakers 

The Walk - The Beatles 

spinditty - 100 best songs with walk in the title

And a little summer sunset stroll down by the Estuary about 1 kilometre from home. We are so lucky to have so many walks close to home. 


Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Do you have some favourite walks close to home? Perhaps you would like to tell us about them in your comments. 

Have a wonderful week. 
I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!
   

16 comments:

  1. You are indeed fortunate to have so many beautiful walks on your doorstep. I wish we could send you the continuous rain we seem to be getting here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could too. Our forests are dyeing.

      Delete
  2. Hello Jill,
    What a lovely post. I do love your art work. You do have lovely places for your walks. Beautiful scenic views and trails. Great sighting and photos of the kangaroos and the pelicans. Gorgeous sunset. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and happy new week! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paperbark Cathedral Walk, Leschenault Estuary is such a beautiful place to take a walk. Love all the nature photos in your post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a successful Tree Street Art Safari! Those walks near your home sound lovely, especially the summer sunset stroll. Hope it rains for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also read the post from 13 December 2021 ... I was very interested to read about the art trail and nature in Australia. Hopefully the longed-for rain will come. The drought is also an issue here in some regions! And with your selection of hiking songs, I immediately have one or two catchy records.

    Regarding your last comment... We actually have a saying: You make your own luck.
    And I'm really pleased again about your contribution to
    MosaicMonday

    I wish you a pleasant week, best wishes from
    Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jill, I love the natural look of botanical colors and what you create with them. I also like the walking songs you chose :-) And I particularly like the little kangaroo that looks so confidently out of its mother's pouch!
    My favorite hiking routes near me are in the Vienna Woods. But there are many routes around the world that I enjoy hiking.
    Wishing you all the best - and soon a nice rainfall!
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/04/back-again-ich-bin-wieder-im-lande.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the clearing of land, and the lack of rain this year, the kangaroos are coming in closer looking for feed.

      Delete
  7. Lovely botanical prints! I never see kangaroos on my walks. I suppose I’d have to go to the zoo to see one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I don't suppose you would see a kangaroo in Virginia!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful, Jill! Thank you so much for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/04/groundhog-alert.html. I responded to your question about groundhogs on my blog - they are indeed a rodent pest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, as always, Jill! I hope you get some rain soon.. I can't imagine going that long without rain. We can't seem to get more than 2 days of sunshine between 3 or 4 rainy days at a time here. It's a bit depressing with all these gray, drizzly days but I know they are making up for our lack of snow this past winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a grey drizzly day right now. When the rain comes I won't be complaining!

      Delete
  10. Your photos are stunning! Love the kangaroo.
    Visiting today from Talking About It Tuesday 15 #15&16

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sad to hear about the drought there in West Australia, Jill! We are approaching summer when our area usually gets drought so I know how worrisome that is, We worry about wildfires when that happens as we will get lightning storms but no rain. I loved seeing the kangaroo our your walk but I know to give them space; like all wild animals. My community in Colorado has many miles of trails so we never lack for a place to walk--it is so enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have wonderful places to walk Jill! I can only walk around our winter resort neighborhood here in Florida *without* getting in the car first. There are lots of great nature walks but we have to drive to get to them. Our Oregon home is better for morning walks -- I can walk to and along the river easily right from our door. ...I really like your nature walks and I'd love to see a kangaroo in the wild. ... I am so sorry (but sadly, not surprised) to hear about your terrible drought. We're all living in this different world.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.