Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 20 July 2020

Pram friendly walking path - Millbridge, Bunbury, Western Australia

Hi everyone. I hope you and your families are all doing ok - or as well as can be expected in these worrying Covid times. 

I think it is so important for us to get out of the house in the fresh air and exercise, even just a walk in natural surrounds is good for the soul. I prefer to walk away from houses in more natural park or bush or waterside locations. 


Last weekend we discovered a walk which we didn't actually know was there, even though it was close to home. Located in the Millbridge housing estate, accessed off Eaton Drive and then over the bridge along Millbridge Boulevard, this is a great walk particularly for mum's with prams or little kids on bikes, or those in wheelchairs as it is sealed all the way. We saw a man running alongside his little girl who I think was learning to ride her new bike. We got off the path!

There is roadside parking at Beaufort Park and Primrose Park. 


 There are a couple of picnic and play areas, and exercise equipment.


The path follows Miller's Creek. We have walked the other side many times, but not along this side. Not far along we saw two kangaroos in the long grass by the creek- can you see him, or is it a she? 


It is still winter here, so a little early for wildflowers, but there were still enough to keep me happy. Although these have been planted by the developer, I am sure they are local plants, and they were beautiful to see. 

I am not a botanist, but I will try to identify them for you.
Clockwise from top left - Cottonheads - possibly the Grey cottonheads - Conostylis candicans;  one of the Grevilleas, Swan River Myrtle - Hypocalymma robustum

 I think this is also one of the Grevilleas - very fragrant
This is one of the Casuarina sheoak family - of 17 tree species in the family Casuarinaceae. There are male and female flowers on separate bushes. You can see the red female flower below, with the male flowers top right. Each year the males will turn a dusky red colour as they release their pollen. The female trees have small red flowers and lots of seed cones. Backyard buddies-sheoak


This is one of the banskias - Banksia Nivea or its common name Honeypot Dryandra.
I was intrigued by this plant and was able to have it identified after we got back home.  The flowers were just starting to bud. I will have to go back in a month or so to see how they are progressing. 



It was starting to drizzle on our way back to the car but it had been a lovely walk which I will do again though probably not in summer as there is no shade along the walk. The other side of the creek is a better walk when you want shade in summer.



Do you have a favourite walk close to home? Perhaps you would like to tell us about it in your comments. 

I found this blog today - South West Mums - Pram friendly walks. She mentions the Millbridge walks, but on the other side of Millers Creek where we've often walked. This walk links to the other side via the bridge. 

You might also like:
Simple Pleasures 
Getting out and about 

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Stay safe and have a wonderful week. 

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

18 comments:

  1. Hello, Jill

    Your walk looks very nice, it is great to have a park nearby for a walk. Nature does sooth the soul. I love the path and the pretty flowers. Neat sighting of the kangaroo. Beautiful post. Take care! Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good walk and finding somewhere new.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to find such a great place to walk close by. And I'm surprised you have so many pretty flowers and it's still winter. Amazing to see the 2 Kangaroos too! When I go on the Florida trails that I featured today, it's 3 1/2 miles from my driveway. So that is the closest nice trail for me and I go there often. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is always something flowering somewhere in Western Australia! bonus for me!

      Delete
  4. Just lovely- I do think WA gets the most amazing wild flowers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we absolutely do - and I feel so lucky to be able to be among them with my camera.

      Delete
  5. Jill - it amuses and amazes me that you talk about kangaroos the way we talk about deer! It relieves me that I am not the only one that has to return home to identify plants and flowers! Beautiful selection, as always. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jill for your lovely photos of your walk. I am still looking for different walks close to home and have a few to go to once the weather is better. I think I have said before that I am not fond of our winter here in Adelaide, it is just too cold for me these days, as all my aches and pains seem much worse. I probably should get out more because it would be good to exercise, will have to get motivated now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These winter sunny days are lovely for a walk, so I try to get out to exercise my ankle whenever the sun is out.

      Delete
  7. A lovely place for a stroll!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/07/the-daylily-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely that you are walkibg in the fresh air Jill. Thanks for sharibg your photos. I am at #11 on the linky
    Be Safe

    Much😊love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love walks like that especially when they have some wild flowers to make the scenery so pretty. Beautiful photo captures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So enjoy seeing your scenery and wildlife and plants. I will soon be showing a place I visited that was just discovered!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is really a very nice way to go, especially with children.
    A lot of variety and interesting things to watch along the way!
    If you show such a nice post with lots of nature again next week, I would be happy if you would link to my link party: Der-Natur-Thursday.
    Here you can have a look:
    Der-Natur-Thursday


    Warm greetings from Germany
    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like anybody would appreciate the beauty of this walk!

    It's great to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many Many Thanks for your informative discussion. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This does look like a nice place to walk - and I agree with you on the importance of nature & exercise at this current time. We love discovering new to us walks nearby; they are like hidden treasures. Being from the UK, it is interesting seeing the flowers that welcome you in Australia at this time of year. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Jill,
    thank you for your lovely comment with me.
    I just installed a translater in the sidebar, under my profile.
    I hope you can handle it!
    Tonight, at 6 p.m., the current link party for "Nature Thursday" starts
    I would be happy to meet you there.
    best regards

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.