Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 3 May 2021

Dardanup Art Trail 2021

 Hi everyone, I hope you and yours are well. 

This past weekend I have had a weekend of art exhibiting at the Dardanup Art Trail, about 20 minutes from my home. 

I and three other artists, Christine Blowfield, and Sandra & Sylvia Nysten were hosted at beautiful heritage listed St Mary's Anglican church.  What a wonderful venue it was, and we had a fabulous weekend with lots of people visiting us during the art trail which wound around Dardanup and the beautiful Ferguson Valley. 




First services were held in the tiny colonial town of Dardanup in the 1800s. The foundation stone for the church was laid on 9 May 1906 by Sir George Shenton. Built of brick with an iron roof, and designed by FW Steere, it cost approximately 600 Pounds to erect. It was consecrated on Sunday 2 June 1907. The stained glass windows were dedicated on 20 May 1908, given by Mrs Venn in memory of her husband the Hon. Harry Wittle Venn. 


Services are no longer held here, but it has not been deconsecrated and can be used for weddings, batisms and funerals. 
We were very grateful to the church for allowing us to use it for the Art Trail. They would like to encourage community events, especially as they are trying to raise money for more restoration. 


In the photos above you can see me, second from the right with Sylvia, Christine and Sandra. You can also see the inside of the church with our art displays.


I had on display my botanical eco-prints (you can see one below), ecoprinted scarves and tote bags, and photographical prints on cushions, totes and greeting cards as well as prints. I am down in the back section in this photo. There was a lot of interest in my eco-prints, especially as it was a technique new to many people. I enjoyed explaining it to them. I might do a post soon about it. Here is an example. 

My weekend started on a high when I was awarded the Photography Prize at the Art Spectacular exhibition opening night on Friday night, for my photo of fungi. It was unexpected, and thrilling to win! 


Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 

You might also enjoy:

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!
   
All Seasons
MosaicMonday at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf
Sharon's Sovenirs 
Our World Tuesday


Pictorial Tuesday 
ThroughMy Lens 
Image-in-ing
My corner of the world through my camera 
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global hosted by Randomosity. 
       and Little bird - Pienilintu
Thankful Thursday 
Der-Natur-Thursday 
The Lovin' Life Team over at: Deep Fried Fruit

Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. Happy to hear of your exhibition

    I am at #19 on the linky today

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool event. We have an art gallery here for Oregon artists. It is fun to visit regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win! That art show looks wonderful. I just love going to art shows and poking around to see what all the artists have put together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to win the prize! That is such an interesting photo with the details and all the swirls of the fungi. And it's a beautiful old church to get to have this event. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Not sure what happened there - anyway, congratulations on the Art Trail and exhibting your work. It must be lovely to get feedback from strangers.

      Delete
  6. The art trail looked to be a huge success. Kudos to you on your photograph. It is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, Congrats on winning! Nice to be out and about again. Stay safe and have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill - congratulations on your win! I remember you showing us the entry - I didn't even have to see the other entries to know this was a winner!

    And what a lovely venue for your part of the Art Trail - it showed off all of the artwork so well! (By the way, I think you mean you are second from the right in the photo with the four of you - are you just checking we are paying attention?!?) Thanks so much for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The church looks a perfect venue for art work. Congratulations on being recognised for your wonderful photography. I imagine your work was very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little church! Congrats on your prize.

    It's great to see your post at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.