Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Sunday 18 April 2021

Where the pelicans meet

 Hi everyone I hope that you and yours are safe and doing well. 

Life has been busy here with one thing and another, but all good. The boys are watching an Aussie Rules game on TV. Not my thing. Sounds like the team my son tipped to win might not be doing well......

We are so fortunate to have a number of waterways close to where we live... the Collie River, the Leschenault Estuary and just beyond the Indian Ocean.  You might remember a recent post about a Magical dolphin experience.

I have taken so many photos before of this location you see below where the Collie River intersects with the Leschenault Estuary. But I just love it. 


On the right is the land, on the left a little island between the river and the estuary. This photo was taken from the river side. 

On this little spit of sandbar seabirds gather. Particularly pelicans. And I always feel like they are having their morning meeting. 




Pelicans can be greedy when someone is cleaning fish. This pic I took in Denmark on our south coast. I don't think the seagull in the front of the pic had much hope


Have you seen the movie "Storm Boy"? Adapted from the book written in 1964 by Colin Thiele, the story is set in the Coorong National Park on South Australia's south coast. The book is about the relationships between a boy and his father Hide-Away Tom (Jai Courtney) - they live in an isolated hut, Mr Percival the pelican, and an outcast Australian Aboriginal man, Fingerbone (Trevor Jamieson) who befriends them.

We recently watched again the latest movie adaptation staring Geoffrey Rush as the adult "Storm Boy" Mike Kingley, and Finn Little as the child "Storm Boy".  The first adaption was filmed in 1976. Both are equally worth watching. Below is the preview of the 2019 released adaptation. I think I have watched this movie three times, and always enjoy it. 

I have just realised that I blogged about Storm Boy before back in 2019. Please click on the link if you want to go back and have a look. 

Here's a couple of my photos when we visited the Coorong in 2013. Beyond the sand-dunes is the Southern Ocean. I need to go back into my backup drive to find a better photo for you. 

I hope you and your family are well. We continue to have low cases here in Australia, mostly returning travellers coming from overseas and in hotel quarantine or people from cargo ships coming into our ports. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 
I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!
   
All Seasons
MosaicMonday at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf
Sharon's Sovenirs 
Our World Tuesday
Pictorial Tuesday 
ThroughMy Lens 
Image-in-ing
My corner of the world through my camera 
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global hosted by Randomosity. 
       and Little bird - Pienilintu
Thankful Thursday 
Der-Natur-Thursday 
The Lovin' Life Team over at: Deep Fried Fruit
 Month end link up @ Live love craft me
Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.


14 comments:

  1. So cool! At the coast about 2 hrs away we can see them. But we do see lots of other birds here at the house and nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill - those pelicans are SO massive. Before I got to the "greedy" picture, I was thinking that I would not like to be on the end of that beak ... I have not seen Storm Boy but I have added it to the list! Hubby and I are always looking for a good movie. Yesterday we watched The Courier with Benedict Cumberbatch - based on a true story and well done. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous images. I will definitely check out Storm Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, Love the movie trailer. We are in the middle of a third wave of COVID so staying home is absolutely necessary. Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a third wave! oh! Stay safe! what a world we live in....

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos and mosaics
    Have a good week
    I am #17 on the linky today

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had given you a;ready a comment on my blog,but wanted you to know that I did visit you! In Southern California we see pelicans at the coast, but their beak is not orange like here.I like them. They are not afraid of people, but are also not aggressive. My sense is they are Southern birds, eh? Never saw them in Holland. Thank you for sharing these beautiful birds to All Seasons! Have a relaxed week, Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I lived in that area I would love to spend time watching the pelicans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely area. I can see why you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always been intrigued by pelicans, though I have never seen one in the wild.

    Your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week is a wonderful addition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely series! I would love to meet a pelican :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love a morning meeting with the Pelicans too!
    Have a great weekend
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.