Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Tuesday 31 January 2023

52 x 2 - 2023 photo project

 Hi everyone, I hope you and yours are doing well. I am a little late posting this week. At the beginning of January I was 'encouraged' by a fellow photography group member to do another 52x2 photo project - 52 weeks - 2 photos a week - one colour and one mono. It is certainly a good way of keeping up your photography practise and actively looking for things to photograph. 

And trying mono photography too. Mono is black and white - or shades of one colour - for instance you could have a photo which is all shades of blue. I wrote more about mono photography in a previous blog post - click on the link highlighted in the previous sentence. 

I did a 52x2 in 2015 and also a couple of 365's - a photo every day! - in 2014 and 2020-21 during the Covid pandemic. 

I am certainly not going to make any promises about keeping the project up for a whole year - but I have made a start - here are the first 4 weeks - January 1-28th.

It's been very hot - so we haven't been far from home in January. 

Week 1 - colour - for the '50' topic for photography group - 

Week 1 - mono - agapanthus - from below -  



Week 2 - mono - trees along the road from town to home 


Week 3 - colour - sunset over the Leschenault Estuary - 



Week 4 - colour - lavender in my garden - the bees are loving it - 


Week 3 - mono - old spoons - for a 'still life' topic for photography group - 

Week 4 - colour - Australia Dray fireworks over Koombana Bay in Bunbury 

Week 4 - mono - enamel plates and cup on the sink! 

Bonus shot - week 4 - dragon boat regatta hosted by the Forza Dragon Boat Club in Bunbury


That's it from me for this week. Have you ever done a photo a day project? 

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!
   

16 comments:

  1. Jill these are lovely photos - as always! So glad you're a regular visitor to our weekly photo round-up! Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/01/weighing-heavy-on-my-mind.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such lovely photos! I rarely think to take photos in mono but I do love how they look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shots are great, Jill! I think I've never done a photo a day or week project, but most of the days or weeks in my life I'm taking photos ;-))

    ALL THE BEST from Austria, have a good February,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/02/costa-rica-4-kapitel-streifzug-durch.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill - I have never done a photo project, but I am currently participating in a weekly stitchalong project, which I am enjoying immensely. Love the firework photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the stitchalong project sounds great too - especially in winter. Enjoy

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a great project idea. I've never done one. I do like black and white and the hues of brown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are always fabulous, my friend. I absolutely adored the old spoon photos. . .seems to be a pattern these days, the older I get the more I like photos of 'old things'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, I`m late ... today is enough time to aknowledge your fantastic Post, Jill. I enjoyed reading, because it was very interesting for me.

    Black&White captures are very artistically. The enamel plates and cup on the sink is super!

    Thank you for sharing on
    MosaicMonday

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photography is amazing. I love the lavender/bee photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never participated in anything like this, though I take plenty of photos. You have some great shots here. Thank you for linking them up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! I've never participated in a challenge. Beautiful images all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...I love your photo diary, keep snapping.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.