Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 7 December 2020

November 2020 - Covid photo a day project

 Hi everyone. I am backtracking a bit today to share my November photos from my Covid photo-a-day project. I hope you and yours are doing well in the lead up to Christmas. Life certainly seems to be speeding up here, and the weather is getting warmer by the day as we enter summer here in Western Australia. I am sure many of us are looking forward to waving 2020 behind. None of us will forget this year! I am thinking of you as I share my November with you. 

Anyway, here are my November photos. 

1 November 2020 - Sunday - a visit to the Bunbury Art Gallery to see the current exhibitions, including the Iluka high schools exhibition.

2 November 2020 - Monday - it's raining!

3 November 2020 - Tuesday - the agapanthus in my garden are starting to pop open. Seen here with a background of red coral bush. My summer garden is always a riot of colour. 


4 November 2020 - Wednesday - lunch date with friends at the Koombana Bay kiosk and a wander along the walkway.

5 November 2020 - Thursday - making baubles filled with dried flowers in prep for a market stall.


6 November 2020 - Friday - our Friday morning volunteer work at Eaton Primary School library - for "get out of the house" Friday morning.


7 November 2020 - Saturday - oh so yummy quick chocolate mousse - thanks to a recipe from Nigella on TV last night. Yum! (apologies for the food photography)

8 November 2020 - Sunday - a visit to Wellington Dam to see the work in progress on the giant mural on the dam wall being painted by Queensland artist Guido Van Helton Guido who is renowned throughout the world for his photorealistic large scale murals. The mural is reputed to become the largest mural in the world painted by a single artist. https://www.guidovanhelten.com/projects


9 November 2020 - Monday - Coreopsis in my garden on a rainy Monday

10 November 2020 - Tuesday - little corner of a garden along the Miller's Creek walking path

11 November 2020 - Wednesday - poppies for Remembrance Day

12 November 2020 - Thursday - the bees are buzzing in the candlestick banksias


13 November 2020 - Friday - road trip lunch break as dark clouds of rain approach across Lake Yealering in the Western Australian wheatbelt

14 November 2020 - Saturday - harvest has halted due to rain in the Western Australian wheatbelt - this crop is in Bruce Rock. The farmers now have to wait for their crops to dry out before they can recommence harvest and hope it hasn't been degraded by the rain. They would have loved this rain in September!

15 November 2020 - Sunday - beautiful native hibiscus - Alyogyne hakeifolia - for my birthday - photographed on Sunday at Bilbarin between Bruce Rock and Corrigin in the Western Australian wheatbelt


16 November 2020 - Monday - a few dried white everlasting daisies

17 November 2020 - Tuesday - she-oaks along the Collie River/Leschenault Estuary walk


18 November 2020 - Wednesday - I have cold, who knows where I caught it, but I am trying to cough up my lungs...so I might just snuggle up on the lounge and read this fabulous book "Where the Crawdads Sing" by Delia Owens. If you haven't read it, I recommend you do.


19 November 2020 - Thursday - just a dry eucalypt twig

Bonus shot - 20 November 2020 - Friday - experimenting with a technique new to me inspired by Greg Elms Photography


20 November 2020 - Friday - roses in my garden

21 November 2020 - Saturday - yellow Coreopsis in my garden say summer!

22 November 2020 - Sunday - celebrating Sol y Sombra Spanish Dance Company's 30th Anniversary in the courtyard of the Bunbury Regional Art Gallery. A fabulous afternoon of music, dance, culture, friends and food.


23 November 2020 - Monday - new Banksia flowers at Manea Park

24 November 2020 - Tuesday - making a few new eco-print greeting cards for the market next weekend


25 November 2020 - Wednesday - making French Marmalade - carrots, lemons, sugar - yum

26 November 2020 - Thursday - Photography Group of Bunbury awards night - and my awards!

27 November 2020 - Friday - beautiful perfumed wedding bush hanging over a fence along the Miller's Creek walk

28 November 2020 - Saturday - I received a Bunnings voucher with one of my PGoB awards, so I bought some new indoor plants

29 November - Sunday - Coffee and muffin at Caf Fez in Bunbury

29 November - Sunday - bonus shot - Sunday morning regatta - remote controlled yachts on the Leschenault Inlet

30 November 2020 - Monday - I am back driving again! yay! No I didn't take this photo while driving.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you and yours are ok. We have been so fortunate here in Australia that infection numbers have been relatively low due to tough Government policies and border closures. We really cannot appreciate what everyone else in the world has been going through. I pray for you and hope now that it looks like a vacine will be available very soon that this pandemic can be brought under control. However I think it will take time. 

I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week.  

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!



Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

13 comments:

  1. You are so busy... wonderful captures of our time.
    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can think of now is chocolate mousse lol...I love the the Collie River/Leschenault Estuary walk photo! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the Jill I know - doing 101 things at the same time! Love your thumbnail )is it the agapanthus?. Uh... (personally) am not so sure yet, if I don't want to forget the year 2020 - it was a whirlwind that is for sure, having lived in 3 houses, and in 2 states! Love the capture of your dancing group - so full of life (are you on this image too?) One more question: the name of the artist - is he from Dutch or German descent? Wow, an excellent and elaborate post for all Seasons - many many thanks, Jill:) Have a realaxing week, Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! That is good! Helps pass the time during Covid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gracious so many photos to look at I don't even know where to start in commenting. I'll say this, you are a gifted photographer.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill - so many lovely photos. I scrolled up and down several times, just soaking it all in. I love the baubles with the dried flowers. I am also admiring your approach to this post (and the other ones like it) - it allows you to include many photos, but also enlarge them. I often fight myself about putting a photo in a mosaic, because it does not seem to do it justice. This approach might solve the dilemma! And belated happy birthday! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your photography awards - it does not surprise me you have a beautiful eye for a great photo. If I'd been closer I would have bought up big at your craft market too!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beutiful photos! Love the bud capture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous series of images! Your cards are really pretty.

    Your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week is an exciting addition! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. November had lots of beauty. Great photo project. It pays to keep busy. And helps to see the beauty around us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love agapanthus! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.