Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Tuesday 1 December 2020

Photography Group of Bunbury Photography Awards

 Hi everyone, just a short post from me today to share with you some awards I was given at the Photography Group of Bunbury end of year awards night last week. Please forgive me for some blatant self-promotion :) 

The photography group meets once a month, and each month topics are set for members to enter. These are judged by independent judges. Some of the topics images are projected onto a screen and some are print images. 

Below are my gold, silver and bronze awards from the year, If you have Facebook you can see them better over there: Life Images by Jill on Facebook



I was thrilled to win the Consistency Award for the most images entered over the year, and was 2nd place for the Photographer of the Year. This is awarded based on points given for number of images entered, plus points for each months Gold, Silver and Bronze awards. It was actually a close tussle between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, and 1st was awarded on a countback. 


I was also awarded three Highly Commended Colour Images, as judged by eminent and highly acclaimed Western Australian photographer, Christian Fletcher, whose work I have always admired. So I was thrilled that he liked these three images. His comments are in the bottom right hand corner. Thank you Christian Fletcher. 

It what has been a difficult year for me physically, and I guess mentally, with my two injuries, operations, and recoveries, these awards have really ended my year well. I thank everyone who has supported me along the way, especially my husband who has been my right hand everything man this year. 

I was also awarded 2nd place at the 2020 South West Virtual Arts Spectacular back in May for my spices image, and also a Highly Commended for an autumn scene. 




I wonder what 2021 will bring? I'm thinking bout next years topics already! 

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you and yours are doing ok in these troubling times. I know I have said it before, but I am so grateful to live in Western Australia where cases remain low, with no community transmission and the only new cases being residents returning from overseas and in hotel quarantine. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. But please forgive me, I have a busy week coming up preparing for a Christmas market. 
Stay safe, wash your hands and have a wonderful week.  

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Month end link up @ Live love craft me

Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

13 comments:

  1. Really like the flow and mystery of dancing in the dark, but the Icegueen has something really compelling! The spices image is really attractive. My goodness Jill, with so many awards/prizes I am glad you showed All Seasons. We are privileged to have you on board! Smiling that you already think about subjects for next year:) Have an inspiring week, Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must say that I find the spices image the best but you are a very talented photographer. Thats clear.Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for self promotion! :) Your images are so lovely and you deserve those awards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to get the recognition you deserve for your beautiful photography. Onwards and upwards in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh congratulations on your awards. You are a fabulous photographer! So enjoyed this post - felt like I was celebrating with you!! Stay safe!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW how impressive! Congratulations!! I see some fabulous photos here. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy your photos, you deserve those awards for your excellent work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Well done.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/11/a-quick-peek-at-cedar-creek-gallery.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Your photography is wonderful. It's good to see your efforts recognised.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible images! Happy Holidays! Wishing you a wonderful 2021 to come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You deserve to be so proud of your accomplishments. The fundi one just draws one in until totally immersed in its depths. Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely work! Well done!

    It's great to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.