Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 23 November 2020

Sol y Sombra Spanish Dance Company - 30th Anniversary

 And so here is the start of another week and another Monday blog post. How are you and yours?  

We celebrated Sol y Sombra Spanish Dance Company and School of Dance's 30th anniversary on Sunday with a mini Fiesta in the courtyard of the Bunbury Art Gallery. It hardly seems like five years since I posted about their 25th Anniversary here - Ole-celebration-of-25-years-of-flamenco

Due to the Covid restrictions this year, we had a very different year of dancing with almost two terms of no dance classes. But with our 30th anniversary coming up we were determined to put on a show - albeit much smaller and with only family and a few close friends. However it still proved to be a wonderful afternoon of celebration. 

Unfortunately I didn't dance due to a cold I came down with last week, but I was very happy to be able to go along and take photos (whilst socially distancing), a few of which I will share here. With the late afternoon heat in the courtyard we certainly felt like we were in Spain! 



We were also treated to Gabby from the South West Opera Company singing Habanera from Carmen, Steve Hensby playing acoustic flamenco guitar and Montse and Cesar from Food with Passion South West cooking authentic Spanish paella for us. Montse teaches Spanish cooking classes, so she knows her stuff. Yum! 


We would have dearly loved to have more of our supporters join in the festivities, however, it has been a tough year for everyone, and Covid restrictions meant we had to keep numbers small, and the show as low key as possible. We will be back in 2021 with more for our amazing friends and supporters. A huge THANKYOU to everyone who contributed to our Anniversary celebrations, and danced with us and supported us over the last 30 years.

You might also like:

Dancing in the dark

A celebration of 25 years of Flamenco dancing in the South West

Weekend of art and dance

Sol y Sombra Spanish Dance Company

Instead of falling numbers of Covid cases it seems numbers are rising around the world. I do hope you and yours are staying safe. I have had a cold this past week, but I know it is just a cold, as we have no community spread here in Western Australia. I feel so lucky to be here - it feels very safe in our corner of the world - though I know it is dangerous to become complacent. Perhaps that is how I caught an early summer cold? 

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed this little look at our 30th Anniversary celebrations. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. 

Please stay safe, wash your hands, wear a mask if required and have a wonderful week.  

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!



Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

15 comments:

  1. Jill - I am so pleased for you and your dance colleagues that you were able to put on a show for a small group - better than nothing at all! Sad that you could not join, but that means we benefit with your superb photography! COVID cases in Montana have risen dramatically, but we have managed to avoid it so far. I am encouraged with the prospect of the vaccines. Just need to hang on. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday! I am always grateful to see your link pop up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you throw off your cough of soon. We are so lucky in Thailand with Covid and I am pleased to see things easing in Melbourne - let's dance to that! I have always loved the energy of your dance group. Congratulations on your 30 years!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jill and very well done! The colours and the talent look just wonderful. Yes, we are very fortunate in this corner of the globe, but like you, I do feel for people in not so fortunate positions elsewhere in the world. Take care, and keep dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours and joy you have captured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Albeit smaller than usual, it still captures the feeling of a fiesta. Let's hope that next year you can celebrate to the full.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...fantastic pictures. And description of the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such colorful fun photos I am sure that being there in person was a real sight to be held.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  8. My, that looks like fun! Those smiles say it all :)

    What a fantastic addition to 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh lovely. I love the skirts and scarves. It's great everyone still got to celebrate even if you couldn't join in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love and blessings that you have no cases. That is wonderful. Feel better from your cold. What beautiful looking dancers and had to be so fun. Love to dance. Happy week. ~hugs~+

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Post for Our World Tuesday, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fascinating post with delightful photos!
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/11/sleepy-head.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos, so colourful and enjoyable. The dancers put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your cold has left you. I so enjoyed that post, the twirling, joyous, colourful dancers, the smiles. Congratulations on 30 years of sharing that love of life.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.