Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 2 November 2020

October 2020 - Covid photo a day project

 Hi everyone, my goodness it is November already! Can you believe it! Less than 2 months to till Christmas! I must tell you I've spent a while this morning scrolling on the internet looking for paper Christmas decorations. Amazing how quickly time goes. I've found a few I might fiddle with over the next few weeks with papers I have left over from making flowers.... once my wrist is feeling a little better. 

Anyway, here I am with the October edition of my Covid Photo-a-day project. 

1 October 2020 - Thursday - Blue Lady Orchid - Thelymitra crinita - Manea Reserve, Bunbury. I didn't expect to still be doing this project in October!!!


2 October 2020 - Friday - Jarrah blossom - along the Miller's Creek walking path

3 October 2020 - Saturday - Kangaroo at our son's block in West Dardanup. I think she is a mother carrying a joey


4 October 2020 - Sunday - Carbanup King Spider orchid

5 October 2020 - Monday - Cathedral Avenue paperbark walk, Australind

6 October 2020 - Tuesday - doodling with ink and botanical paints over an eco-print leaf print on paper


7 October 2020 - Wednesday - Moonstone - one of the weiroes we are "bird-sitting "for our grandsons. 

8 October 2020 - Thursday - cooking afternoon - lemon butter and savoury muffins. I did the one handed jobs like stirring the lemon butter.  Rod is the king of the muffins

9 October 2020 - Friday - we went for a walk along the Leschenault Inlet while our son was at afternoon dragon boat training


10 October 2020 - Saturday - we netted our apricot tree to keep the parrots from destroying our apricots

11 October 2020 - Sunday - through the paperbarks along the Collie River in Clifton Park

12 October 2020 - Monday - A day trip to Perth to see our finance adviser and then a lovely lunch at the Secret Garden Cafe in South Perth with friends. - it really is a lovely place for lunch, good serves, and very reasonably priced. 


Tuesday - 13 October 2020 - drying protea flower heads 
from a bunch of flowers I was given a few weeks ago

Wednesday - 14 October 2020 - our quince tree is blooming beautifully and we are looking forward to quince season


Thursday - 15 October 2020 - we have little baby birds. ps sadly a few days later they were taken before they were ready to fly.

Friday - 16 October 2020 - beautiful scented sun orchid along the trail in Manea Reserve. I had not seen this colouration before. Stunning.


Saturday - 17 October 2020- Sea eagles have nested along the Collie River. We could hear the baby squawking. One parent is sitting on the edge of the nest and the other in the tree. Unfortunately only place I could get a photo was straight into the sun and I didn't have my proper camera with me, only my phone..

Sunday - 18 October 2020 - Tassel flowers in bloom in the Harvey hills. I had never noticed their tiny stars before - Down in the bush today


Monday - 19 October 2020 - the drying protea heads are opening their cones

Tuesday - 20 October 2020 - Leopard Orchid - Manea Reserve. We hadn't seen these at Manea before.


Wednesday - 21 October 2020 - just playing with camera blur and swamp grasses

Thursday - 22 October 2020 - my latest article published in Caravan World magazine

Friday - 23 October 2020 - digital swirling in my garden


Saturday - 24 October 2020 - an orange rose from my garden


Sunday - 25 October 2020 - The Busselton waterfront was bustling in the burst of summer weather when we went down to have lunch with friends.- not that you can see it's bustling in this photo but there were people everywhere. We bought fish and chips for lunch and were lucky to get a picnic table in the shade.


Monday - 26 October 2020 - pink roses in my garden

Tuesday - 27 October 2020 - Back down to have afternoon tea with my sister and brother-in-law at the Equinox Cafe in Busselton. We sat and watched the rain roll in. So different to last Sunday.


Wednesday - 28 October 2020 - We bought two punnets of dwarf sunflowers - they are a colourful burst of sunshine in our back garden

Thursday - 29 October 2020 - Out of the splint and into physio and exercises for my broken wrist which is very stiff and not much flexibility. I need to be diligent with my exercises.



Friday - 30 October 2020 - just a few dry eucalypt leaves

Saturday - 31 October 2021 - making a start on making Christmas cards from botanical eco-printed scrap papers.


So there you have my October in pictures. I hope you and yours are doing well. Please take care and stay safe.  Thank you so much to everyone who stopped by and gave me words of encouragement last week. Now that my cast is off I am feeling more positive. I have a long way to go, as my wrist is very stiff, but if I keep up my exercise regime I know it will improve. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week.  

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

16 comments:

  1. Hello Jill,

    Beautiful photos, the flowers are gorgeous. I love the cute bird you were bird-sitting. The kangaroo is cute. The beach scene is pretty. Looks like you had a great October. Take care and stay safe! Enjoy your day! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful photos! You seem to have had a most productive month! Look forward to seeing you Christmas card. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that blue orchid is stunning! I love the rose too, and your garden swirl! I love seeing kangaroos! I'm now thinking of Christmas too! :) I thought about sending my cards in the next week or so just to make sure people get them on time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I better get onto Christmas card sending too - it will be here all too quickly.

      Delete
  4. Can't believe the blue flowers - it really looks like jewelry there in the middle! Wow, Jill, you outdid yourself with this post - everything is in it (no limits of the lockdown anymore, eh?) Also admire the yellow orchids - stunning beauties. The Kangaroo makes me smile, so watchful and serious looking. Yes, keep practicing your wrist, since you do so much of your arts with your hands! Many thanks for sharing theses latest details with All Seasons, and hope you Christmas prep will go smooth and well, Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to see photos from your area! I just posted a few from my garden. I enjoy "traveling" around there through your shots! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill - you know I am nuts about orchids ... so I love the Blue Lady Orchid and Leopard Orchids!!! And I imagine bird-sitting is like looking after grandkids ... it is enjoyable because you know there is a limit!!!! A lovely bird. Thanks so much for sharing your October with everyone at Mosaic Monday!!! And I hope your recovery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos here!
    It's nice to have you as a regular visitor at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/11/remembering-summer-flowers.html. I always enjoy your posts, Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos and mosaics. Stay safe

    Much💙love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shots! That roo is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great shots I hardly know where to start but I do love the mama roo.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Jill,
    I am glad that you got rid of your bandage on your wrist.
    I know that from myself too.
    And I can comfort you, if you always practice well, then the hand gel will be like new again :-)
    I don't notice any difference now.
    Your October was impressive and you showed very nice photos.
    Thank you very much for that, also for linking again for "Nature Thursday".
    Stay safe and healthy, have a good time.
    Warm regards from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for these words of encouragement. They really have helped. Thank you!

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous photos, as always! I hope your wrist is back to normal again soon :)

    It's great to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That kangaroo definitely looks like she's carrying a joey! That's one heavy looking pouch

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.