Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Sunday 22 December 2019

My December summer garden and Seasons Greetings

I love my December summer front garden. Every year it blooms glorious colours - red, yellow, pink, bluey mauve - and best of all these plants come back year after year with little maintenance. They bloom, I water and  clip them back a little, and next summer they bloom again. Beautiful. So today I share some of them with you.  

The Australian native red bottle-brush
 Mauve-blue agapanthus, against the backdrop of the red coral bush, and along the bottom my wild hibiscus - an Australian native 



Pinks and mauves of the hydrangea - I must admit that the ones along the top row are in my neighbour's garden

 Roses, though they have finished their first glorious flush
 A yellow daisy that is a wonderful border plant, frangipani, and the yellow rose bush

 Native yellow and green kangaroo paws


For those that celebrate I wish you a very Happy Christmas, and for those who don't celebrate I wish you happiness that comes with this season. For all good health, peace, and wonderful times making memories with those you love. Let us all be kind, thoughtful, caring and good to each other. 
Don't forget Christmas is not just for one day and is a time for family and sharing

And prayers for light to brighten the darkness and hope for the future.

 I send special thoughts and love to those who have someone missing from their tables for the first time this year. And also special thoughts and prayers go to those battling or who have sustained losses in the devastating bushfires that are all over our country of Australia at the moment. 


 One of my favourites - from Enya - The Spirit of Christmas Past



 And because it is hot down here downunder at Christmas - something a little different and light-hearted - strolling through a summer wonderland from Ronan Keating - 




 You might also like - 
Summer in my garden
December summer colour
The trees are blooming for Christmas
Christmas is time for family and sharing 

Thank you so much for stopping by.  Best wishes for the season. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

20 comments:

  1. ...gorgeous flowers, as I look out at our snow thanks for the reminder of what's to come here. I invist you link this post to Foto Tunes on Monday eastern US time, I hope to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers, I love that bottle brush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plants are beautiful Jill! - We Wish You a Merry♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Christmas♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ We Wish You a Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♥ ♥ ♥ We Wish You A Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ And a Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blooms. Merry Christmas and wish you a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful flowers! I know most of them, but for instance the Frangipani does not live here.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the frangipani is a tropical warmer climate plant. They really are beautiful.

      Delete
  6. Your native garden flowers are beautiful, some of the same ones that I have in mine, except our weather has been so hot that most of mine have burnt. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos and wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a New Year filled with hope and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly has been a very hot start to summer here too.

      Delete
  7. Wow, Jill, it's hard to remember, but true that right now all these flowers are blooming, where you live! It must make Christmas a flowery feast, eh? Wishing you and your family a merry and wonderful Christmas celebration in the shade (?)Very much appreciate you being a part of All Seasons and all the travel reports this year - such great contributions, I really appreciate your work in putting those beautiful and interesting posts together!
    Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some beautiful flowers for Christmas. The poinsettias are blooming in flower beds here right now. Thanks for the videos too! I love Enya and haven't listened to her music in a long time! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Australian native red bottle-brush looks very festive, so perfect for this time of the year. Enjoy the tradition of this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MERRY CHRISTMAS

    Happy mosaic Monday

    Much🎅love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - gorgeous blooms! Wishing you and yours a peaceful festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jill - I have woken up this morning to a fresh dusting of snow, which means we will have a white Christmas after all. But how delightful to see the bright colors and new life in your garden - a glorious celebration of Christ's birth in its own right! The words at the end of your post are spot on to acknowledge that people "celebrate" this time of year in many different ways. Thank you for being such a faithful and inspiring participant in Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing your vivid blooms during my dark, rainy winter day. Thank you for the bursts of brightness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So great to see all those flowers and amazing colors. Thanks. You makes me glad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your garden is so colorful! The song is a riot :)

    Happy New Year from 'My Corner of the World'!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Jill for sharing your summer color and beauty! (Actually not too different from where we spend the season, in Florida (but we are an anomaly for this country). And though I see some of those flowers and flowering trees here, I sure don’t grow any of them,. I love seeing yours. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.