Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Tuesday 7 May 2024

April-May randoms

Hi everyone, I hope all is well with you. The week is getting away from me and it is only Tuesday. So just a quick update and I will be back next week. 

Last week we made our annual visit to the Balingup Golden Valley Tree Park to see the autumn colour - a little early this year, just starting, and so sad to see it so dry, but still enjoyable.  More photos next week. 


Finally it rained late last week - the first rain since we have had since October. Hopefully this link will work :) 


We have had a bumper crop of quinces on our tree this year. On Monday I made quince and grape jam. And of slices of quince


And of course because it was Anzac Day on 25th April, I made Anzac biscuits - an Australian classic - albeit a few days late. 


Did you know you can catch up on latest published magazine articles by going to Published Work in the tabs bar?


And my latest news is that a few months ago I was contacted by Pandora Archive through the WA State Library to have my blog digitised and kept on record at The National Library of Australia through Trove. 
There is a selection process. My blog was selected as it was about Western Australia and written by a Western Australian author. And it was on a subject of social, political, cultural, religious, scientific or economic significance and relevance to Western Australia. 
What an honour to be selected.

You can search Trove here: Trove - National Library of Australia
Then write Life Images by Jill in the seach box and click on Websites over on the right hand side. 
Click on my title when it comes up. Then click on View the Live Webpage in the green box on the right hand side - to bring up the latest updates. 


That's it from me for today. I will be back next week with more photos from Balingup.


Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 
I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!
   

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog being featured in the state run website. The autumn tree does look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about your blog! A beautiful Autumn post, with a pretty colorful tree. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely autumn colors! Enjoy the beauty.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/05/last-stop-at-library.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another round of MosaicMonday in beautiful May... and I am very happy about your contribution. More pictures this week that show your surroundings, nature, something of your everyday life. Pictures that also tell a bit of history. By the way... I love Quince too.

    Thank you for your participation. Have a good time, best wishes from Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  5. While we get ready for the summer heat, it's nice to be able to see some fall colors. That's a 'cool' sight (despite the warm shades on the leaves. :D )
    Congratulations on the selection. It's nice to see personal blogs being recognized for their content. Congratulations, again. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.