Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Tuesday 15 March 2022

March flowering trees Western Australia

 Hi everyone, just a quick post from me today as I am getting ready for an Art market this weekend. 

I have always said that there is always something flowering in the Western Australian bush. And so today a share a few flowering trees from late February and early March. 

If you click on the links you can go to where I have blogged about them individually before - Clockwise from top left - Eucalyptus grandis - Flooded gum, Corymbia calophylla sub species "rosea" - Pink Marri Corymbia calophylla - Marri , Myrtaceae - lillypilly (in my garden - I make jam from them!), Casuarina - Sheoak, and Eucalyptus erythrocorys - red capped gum 

These red capped gums are stunning this time of year - such a bright burst of colour. The red caps fall off to reveal the flower. 

Interestingly the marri was previously classified as a Eucalyptus species but in 1995 was reclassified as Corymbia.

It is a busy busy week for me. Here are some of the eco-print works I am getting ready for the Art market this weekend. 

And a few of my cushions with my photography. Lots of flowers of course! 


That's it from me today. I hope you and yours are well. I continued to be devestated by the news coming out of the Ukraine. And pray for a resolution. 


Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 
I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!
   
MosaicMonday at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf
Sharon's Sovenirs 
Our World Tuesday
Pictorial Tuesday 
ThroughMy Lens 
Image-in-ing
My corner of the world through my camera 
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global hosted by Randomosity. 
       and Little bird - Pienilintu
Thankful Thursday 
Welcome to Nature Thursday

Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

18 comments:

  1. Jill - good luck with the Art Market, and thanks for taking the time to link this week. As always, I am fascinated by the plants in your part of the world. Many of the ones you included in this collage seem to have a "pom-pom" look - is it because several of them are eucalyptus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. interesting.... even the lillypilly has this "pom pom" look even though it isn't a eucalypt. The marri was previously classified as a Eucalyptus species but in 1995 was reclassified as Corymbia.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful eco-prints! What is the beautiful pink blossom? It was just gorgeous! Wishing you much success with the Art Mocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pink is Corymbia calophylla sub species "rosea" - Pink Marri. Quite a rare tree, but we have one only a short drive away where we go walking.

      Delete
  3. Great to see you back Jill! Love the white and yellow feathery flowers. Great there is another event for you! Yes, the Ukraine is often in my thoughts nowadays. Am praying for their freedom, because that is what they want.
    Emille

    ReplyDelete
  4. So interesting to see the plant life that's quite different from what I'm familiar with! The flowers are very pretty, as is your lovely artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful flowers! Best of luck at the art market; your designs are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy your shares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lilly Pilly jam : how does one prevent some insect from attacking the berries; the bruise looks like the prick from a fruitfly. I have several very productive trees and can't use the berries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never have any problem with fruit fly on my lillypilly. On our apricot tree, yes, but not the lillypilly as it fruits a couple of months later. You could use a fruit fly net?

      Delete
  8. Just love to see these plants and flowers on your continent. For sure some are endemic, right. Also like your eco-prints. Would love to visit the market.

    Now I will sneek around a bit more on your blog.

    Greetings from Tenerife

    Nova

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou. Yes mostly I share plants endemic to Australia, like the eucalypts. But in Western Australia where I live we have thousands of varieties of wildflowers - parts are a biodiversity hotspot. For someone like me who likes to photograph wildflowers this is wonderful! Thankyou for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Schön zu sehen was bei euch alles blüht. Bei uns fängt der Frühling an.
    L G Pia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. English translation - It's nice to see what's blooming with you. Spring is beginning for us.

      Delete
    2. thankyou for visiting Pia. Enjoy spring!

      Delete
  10. wonderful flowers
    and eco prints
    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your world looks as 'bloomin' ' beautiful as ours does right now. Lovely post! Enjoy your weekend. xx Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a lot of flowers there, still! I love seeing them. We are just now moving into spring. I am looking forward to gardening soon. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.