Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 21 March 2022

Tree Street Art Safari 2022

 Hi everyone. How are you? 

The last couple of years I have exhibited at the Tree Street Art Safari market - so named because artists are hosted in the beautiful heritage style homes of the Tree Street area in Bunbury. This year due to Covid concerns for home owners, the safari was moved to Forrest Park. I wasn't sure how it would work, as I had a much smaller area than the beautiful space I have had the last few years in Banksia Street, however it ended up being a fabulous day for me. I had botanical eco-prints (also called contact printing) and photography on offer. Lots of people stopped by my stall to either purchase from me, talk to me about my work, or just say hi. It was a very busy day! 

Here is a pic of me at the Art Safari wearing a top I made out of an old upcycled sheet - first eco-printed with eucalypt leaves and then cut and sewed by me only last week! It was really cool, lightweight, and comfy and I enjoyed wearing it. 


I didn't have a chance to walk around and visit the other nearly 50 artists or take pics, but here are a few from the Tree Street Art Safari facebook page. 


A few of my eco-prints on paper, embellished with paint made from bark and ochre. 

tote bags - on upcycled cotton or hemp/cotton with calico lining - sewn by me


and upcycled tops - mostly printed with eucalypt leaves 

Wool and silk scarves - this one on the left below is kangaroo paw leaves on silk, and the orange one is eucalypt karri leaves on wool. The one below the group photo is one of the red flowering eucalypts on silk. 

Greeting cards on paper


And a few of my cushions printed with my photography



Now I need to get printing some more scarves, totes and tops for the next art market in June. 


Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you and yours are doing well and that you forgive me for blantant self promotion today. 
I have many people to thank for their inspiration and guidance on this botanical eco-print journey..... Jane, India, Maria, Penny, Helen, Nicola, Linda, Rita, Bozena and many others including botanical print groups on Facebook. Thankyou!   

The war in Ukraine continues and the country and its people are being destroyed. I pray for an end to the bloodshed. 


I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 
I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!
   
MosaicMonday at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf
Sharon's Sovenirs 
Our World Tuesday
Pictorial Tuesday 
ThroughMy Lens 
Image-in-ing
My corner of the world through my camera 
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global hosted by Randomosity. 
       and Little bird - Pienilintu
Thankful Thursday 
Welcome to Nature Thursday

Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

11 comments:

  1. Hello Jill, lovely amidst the horrible world news to see your enchanting works. All looks calm with you even if the market was manically busy in a good way. I can see why your stall would have been so popular, I really love your bright photo cushions too. Lots of hard work pays off!
    Have a restful week.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your botanical eco printing.
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO in love with everything you make. I have never seen tops like that here. The tops and bags are my favorite but I love all of your art! Very nice to get a photo of you too! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before the pandemic, I also had a booth every Saturday at a flea market in Puerto de la Cruz. I always had a lot of fun selling this and that. Now it no longer exists.

    You really do not need to apologize for your things shown. Great that you show them and for me it’s no self promotion. No matter what I see, I like all the things very well and the shirts can be worn certainly great.

    Have a good time and greetings over to you

    Nova

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented! I love your eco prints and those pillows with your photography are so vibrant and eye-catching. I can see why so many stopped by to check out your crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absoluely love and a fan of your work. Love your pillows, and always the prints you make from leaves. And, how fun to make your own design shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ... there is fantastisc. I remember on my youth, making several Batik (I don't know the right word in english ... sorry).

    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for showing us your wonderful art work, you are so talented. I love your cushions too. I think you must have more than 24 hours in a day! I wish I had your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill - you have been busy! I am drawn to the scarves and the cushions. How are the cushions printed? Congratulations on another successful Safari! Thanks for sharing your artistry with Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. all your work is so beautiful! What talent!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.