Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Tuesday 21 December 2021

Christmas weaves a magic wand over this world

 It is only a few days till Christmas and life seems to be getting crazier and crazier with shopping, baking, present wrapping, get-togethers and going out to see the Christmas lights. 

Christmas is mid summer in Australia and I have heard today that our temperatures, at least in Western Australia's capital city, Perth, for Christmas Day will be around 41 Celsius - that is around 106 Fahrenheit! 

Even though it is hot you will see a lot of bright colour around here this time of year. Below you can see some of our flowering trees which we see on our daily walk - clockwise from top left - one of the red flowering gums, jacaranda (though from South Africa you will see lots here in Western Australia), the Western Australian Christmas Tree, and lastly a creamy eucalypt which I need to identify.

In case you missed it, I shared more summer colour in our Australian bush last week: Down in the West Australian bush this week in summer


Also colourful varieties of kangaroo paw - 


In the cappuccino strip of our city a yellow flowering tree with a pea type flower makes a shady canopy over the area -  I need to also find out what this tree is.  


My front garden has a lot of gorgeous colour this time of year. 

Crazy as it may seem in 40 degree heat, many people still have a hot roast Christmas dinner. But there are also cold drinks and salads. Top left are little Christmas puddings I make - delicious and no baking! 


Perhaps my handmade Christmas cards I have made over the last few years reflect the colours of the Australian Christmas


But I also have more subtle botanical eco-dyed cards too


And some little twiggy decorations and one made with wooden pegs! 

As I look at what is happening around us in this Covid world, natural disasters, a tragic incident with school children in Tasmania, and some health issues people close to me are currently going through, I struggle to be ''merry and bright'' but I hope that these words from Norman Vincent Peale will ring true this Christmas:

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world

and behold everything is softer and more beautiful. 

You might also like:

The Christmas in Australia edition

Summer in my garden

Thank you so much for stopping by. I wish you and yours a very safe and happy Christmas.

I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 
I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!
   
MosaicMonday at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf

Sharon's Sovenirs 
Our World Tuesday
Pictorial Tuesday 
ThroughMy Lens 
Image-in-ing
My corner of the world through my camera 
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global hosted by Randomosity. 
       and Little bird - Pienilintu
Thankful Thursday 
Welcome to Nature Thursday
The Lovin' Life Team over at: Deep Fried Fruit

Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

15 comments:

  1. Hello Jill - Lovely to see an Aussie Christmas my Christmas will be Merry and Brightest when I can get back home for sure! So it is uplifting to see the Aussie photos.
    Wishing you a happy Christmas
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou. Wishing you and yours a safe and happy Christmas and 2022. And thank you for your support over the year.

      Delete
  2. I am not sure how I would enjoy a Christmas in mid summer so thank you for your post. It is good to see that the magic of Christmas is still around despite the everyday problems of life at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I dream of experiencing a white Christmas.

      Delete
  3. Definitely cherish precious moments with loved ones. Last time I saw my brother was at the memorial service for his wife. He passed a few days later. So glad I hugged him.
    So much color in your country! We have weather that's cold (38 degrees Fahrenheit) and rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so sorry to hear about your brother and sister in law Rose. You will miss them this Christmas. We certainly do need to hug our love ones and say kind words whenever we have the opportunity. Wishing you a safe and happy Christmas and 2022 and thank you for your support over the year.

      Delete
  4. It would take me a long time to be able to get used to temps like that at Christmas time. Down-under and up-over are worlds apart!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/12/merry-christmas.html, and have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos! Wow; that is HOT! Our temps are pretty much the polar opposite (yesterday we had a high of 18 Fahrenheit).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh to see your beautiful, colorful flowers since our weather here is just drab and cloudy. I much prefer some snow here at Christmas to lighten up the days, but we're not. Going to be in the 50's which makes it nice for travelers though. What beautiful cards you make. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos - and such colorful flowers. It is strange to think of Christmas at 106d.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colors! Jacaranda is one of the most beautiful trees I know.
    Have a lovely Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos of flowers. I like your handmade cards and the twiggy star. Have a Merry Christmas!

    My latest post:
    https://craniumbolts.blogspot.com/2021/12/few-birds-from-hoskote.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill - thanks for the colorful post. It is snowing and snowing here! I am sorry that life is throwing you some challenges that make it hard to be "merry and bright" - I fear that is the same for many at this time of year for a variety of reasons. Hoping the New Year brings some relief. Merry Christmas, and thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean about the heat, it is so humid here in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.