Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Saturday 3 October 2020

Catching up my Covid photo a day project - September 2020

 Hi everyone, I have been missing for a couple of weeks because I broke my wrist on 17 September, and required surgery where they inserted a plate. So I gave myself a little break from blogging. Typing is painfully slow one handed, but I have still be doing my Covid photo a day project. Mostly just phone photos...nothing flash.... 

But I have recently resurrected my old point and shoot Canon Power Shot Pro1 camera which I retired several years ago when my DSLR took over. Keeping everything on automatic this smaller lighter camera has allowed me to take a few half decent photos... and even some flower shots with the Macro facility. It is spring here - wildflower time - so I am happy to be able to take a few photos at least.

Below you will see my photo a day project for the month of September. Honestly when I started this Covid project in March I didn't expect to be doing it still in October. It will certainly be an interesting record of this Covid year. 

I truly hope and pray you and your families are safe and well. We in Australia have been relatively lucky with low numbers. Most people are compliant with the Covid safety suggestions and restrictions, and this has helped enormously. 

Below are my September photos and captions. Gosh I am glad I can copy the captions from my facebook page...I've just about had enough typing for tonight. 

Tuesday-1 September 2020 - a wet day is a good day to stay inside

Wednesday - 2 September 2020 - sunset outside the Art Gallery on the way to flamenco dancing

Thursday - 3 September 2020 -working on a photo project merging photos - the top is one photo merged with another, the fish at the bottom. 

Friday - 4 September 2020 - donkey orchids in the little bush block near where we live

Saturday - 5 September 2020 - a little flowering bulb in our front garden

Sunday - 6 September 2020 - Father's Day - old and new technology combine with co-operation



Monday 7 September 2020 - red kangaroo paw flowering in our garden

Tuesday - 8 September 2020 - We took a little 4 day trip to the Stirling Ranges. The destruction caused by the summer bushfires on Mt Trio in the Stirling Ranges National Park is still devastatingly evident

Bonus shot - Tuesday - 8 September 2020 - this wildflower was caught by the heat of the bushfire as it was about to bloom

Wednesday - 9 September 2020 - We stayed at Mt Trio Bush Camp and Caravan Park at the base of the Stirling Ranges National Park for a few days - canola flowering in the foreground with Mt Trio in the background

Bonus shot - Wednesday - 9 September 2020 - Vanilla Lemon scented sun orchids 

Bonus shot - Wednesday - 9 September 2020 - emergence from the summer bushfires on Mt Toolbrunup



Thursday - 10 September 2020 - Scarlet Banksia - Banksia coccine - in the Stirling Ranges National Park

Friday - 11 September 2020 - Dancing spider - bee orchid - caladenia discoidea. This last week I've been working identifying the wild orchids we saw in the Stirling Ranges. I have 36 different varieties which I hope to share next week. 


Saturday - 12 September 2020 - last year little birds nested here in our garden. Sadly a Kurrawong took their babies. I wonder where they are nesting this year? Postscript - they repaired the nest and have nested here again. I hope the babies survive.

Sunday - 13 September 2020 - going through my wildflower books to identify wildflowers I photographed in the Stirling Ranges, Oh just realised I left one out!

Monday - 14 September 2020 - We went to Perth for a couple of days. These are Rattle beak orchids - Lyperanthus serratus - at Wireless Hill, Perth

Tuesday - 15 September 2020 - Cats paw in Kings Park Botanic Garden in Perth 



Bonus shot - Tuesday - 15 September 2020 - Matagarup Bridge over the Swan River near Optus Stadium, Perth

Wednesday - 16 September 2020 - art exhibition - Emerging Connections - at ECU Mt Lawley, Perth

Thursday - 17 September 2020 - beautiful Lydia singing at the Bunbury Entertainment Center

Friday - 18 September 2020 - our grape vine is starting to grape

Saturday - 19 September 2020 - waiting in pre-op at the Bunbury hospital for an operation on my broken wrist, which I broke on Thursday

Sunday - 20 September 2020 - Sunday morning breakfast in bed at St Johns hospital....with wrist in plaster. Thankfully not my dominant hand. 

Monday - 21 September 2020 - back home and snuggling down on the couch to re-read a favourite book

Tuesday - 22 September 2020 - struggling to hold my camera to capture the beautiful roses from friends who came to visit with flowers and cake and hugs. Thank you girls.

Wednesday - 23 September 2020 - Little birds are nesting in a small tree at the corner of our patio

Thursday - 24 September 2020 - we are bird-sitting our grandsons two Cockatiels - Weiros - for the next two weeks over the school holidays. Moonstone and Pebbles are a constant source of interest but I don't like being woken up at 6.30am for us to take the cover off their cage!

Friday - 25 September 2020 - We went down to the beach to collect cuttlefish for the weiros. This is the old salt water pool on the back-beach.

Saturday - 26 September 2020 - Banksia


2 bonus shots - Thursday - 24 September 2020 - beautiful flowers sent from family and friends

Sunday - 27 September 2020 - Today I went back to my old point and shoot camera Canon Powershot Pro1. Not as sharp as I would like, but at least I can take photos with one hand, This is beautiful climbing Clematis - Clematis pubescens - climbing over a yellow water bush - Bossiaea aquifolium - out in the bush east of Harvey today.

Monday - 28 September 2020 - our son and his family have gone north for the school holidays. We've been following them through their SPOT GPS tracker on our computer. You can see where there are and zoom in to see amazing satellite imagery. This is in the Kimberley - I took a photo of the computer screen. 

Tuesday - 29 September 2020 - Today I had my plaster off and a hard cast fitted. Small steps of progress, The purple goes with the status flowers in my garden.

Wednesday - 30 September 2020 - Snapped this picture on the way back to the car after lunch with a friend in town.


Thank you so much for stopping by. I sincerely hope that you and your family and friends are safe and well and coping ok with these uncertain times. Have you started a new project during Covid restrictions? Perhaps you would like to tell us about it in your comments.

I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week.
  
And remember
Where there is life there is hope 
   


I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

24 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed all of the photographs. The cockatiel photo reminded me of owning one years ago. I haf named him Popeye. Thanks for sharing all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your wrist...glad it is improving. Great idea on a photo a day, and true who would have thought. Mine would be boring as not much to see and shoot here, but need to try to get out and do some. Our numbers aren't so great at times. Seems people are getting too relaxed and fighting the recommendations for staying safe so I've started staying home more again. I sure miss the days of hugging, kissing, and seeing my kids and grands. Your photos are always so awesome. Have happy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you started a project there would always be something to photograph o draw or write about. Sat safe. Here is a virtual hug.

      Delete
  3. Jill - my goodness. I am glad you are on the road to recovery. Looking at your photo gallery, who would have imagined you had broken your wrist? Glorious shots, every one. I often look back at my photos from a previous month and experience a slight sense of shock at all that we have squeezed into 30 or 31 days!!! You won't be surprised to know that the orchid pictures are my favorites!!! Thanks for making the time (despite the discomfort) to link to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What nice photos of all the days and what happened. I was very happy about your posting and it's good that you feel better because of your wrist!
    I wish you a nice week, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jill,

    I hope you are feeling better and I wish you a quick recovery. I love all the beautiful flowers. I can only imagine the vanilla lemon scented orchid, sounds lovely. The cockatiels are so cute. Beautiful post, your photos are just stunning. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the underwater photo, bee orchid and bridge. Great shots.
    So sorry to hear your broke your wrist and had surgery. I hope it heals completely and quickly with little to no pain.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate to hear about you breaking your wrist! I hope it heals quickly and you have less pain. Love your photos...you have such a variety to share! Take care and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luv your September photos. Happy Monday
    I am at 16 on today's linky
    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ! Stunning shots.Lovely Flowers.It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to Gardening here at http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/10/garden-affair-succulents-world.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you heal quickly! A lovely collection of photos. I love the underwater one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your nature images are out of this world, Jill! And love the underwater image - fun! Boy you're getting it this year: first your knee, now your wrist! Must have been painful and frustrating only having one working hand. but I can see it did not bring your spirit down! Thank you so much for all these professional images! Proud you are connected with All Seasons. Have a lovely week, Jesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ankle not knee.... :) but thanks for remembering!

      Delete
  12. sorry to hear about your wrist. that's a nice project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've captured some stunning images! Marvelous post.
    Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/10/snow-in-september.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow so many and beautiful images. I need some time to have a real watch to each of them

    Best regards
    Bernhard

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jill :) I hope your wrist gets better soon. I remember the frustration of one hand typing when I hurt my hand two summers ago! Your photos are lovely, my favourite one is the bridge. My husband and I moved 1000 miles from our rental to our first home back in May. It was rough during covid but we made it. We live rural so covid restrictions don't necessarily effect us here so life goes on as usual as we try to get the house in order and functioning. Stay well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful photos,
    such different motives, I looked all with pleasure !
    Thank you very much for the link and best regards

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hoffentlich wird das Handgelenk wieder ganz gut, braucht man es ja den ganzen Tag. Sei das um solche schönen Bilder zu machen, oder zum schreiben.
    L G Pia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pia - I put your message into a translator -
      Hopefully the wrist will be fine again if you need it all day. Be it to take such beautiful pictures or to write.

      Delete
  18. Such gorgeous scenery and colors on your catchup! I adore the flowers that grow across the ditch.

    I'm happy to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Jill - so sorry to hear about your broken wrist, it may have slowed you down for a while, but it certainly hasn't stopped you. I always love getting my little taste of Aussie with you. Keep it up and mend well.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Jill... sorry for late answering. We was very busy last week. Hope that your wrist is healing, get soon well. Do you get some physical therapy. From my own, it helps me so much to improve my agility belong to the knee.

    Your project is very fine. Each capture shows your special eye for the things, bring the mood of a scene. Sorry for my bad english... I hope I could say what I feel.

    ...stay healthy and well.

    Heidrun xxx

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.