Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 4 May 2020

Get through in the best way for you


Hi everyone. I hope you are all going ok in these troubled times and that you and your family are well and coping with the new normal. Here in Australia we have continued to be grateful for the relatively low numbers of infections and deaths, which I am sure are due to our population adhering to the social distancing and self-isolation rules laid down by our Government. 

A couple of weeks ago I wrote - "When it is all over, wouldn't it be a shame if you looked back and realised you hadn't made the most of this down time. from "moving forward and being grateful"
 

But what is "making the most" for you? Since then I have had a shift and realised that we should accept that it is ok to get through in the "best way for you". 

This could mean laying on the couch reading, playing an instrument, painting, tinkering in the shed, walking in the park, playing with your children, sitting under a tree, talking to friends on Facebook. 
It doesn't need to be a time of productivity, or to be achieving great things, reorganising your cupboards, redesigning your garden, learning a new skill - though that is great if that is the best way for you to get through this time.
Whatever is good for your soul and heart is the the "best way for you".
No one can dictate what is the best way for you. Only you know. 

So this week my message is "gently accept that it is ok to get through in the best way for you." It doesn't have to be a period of productivity. 
Take time out to rest and be still, and know that we are all in this together, and we will come out the other side. 


Here is my daily photo challenge collage for this past week.
Monday 27 April 2020 - the flooded gums are flowering at my son's block -
Eucalyptus rudis - Western Australian flooded gum. It was lovely sitting under the trees. We can now have 10 people in a group so we had lunch and afternoon tea under the trees with my son and his family.

Tuesday 28 April 2020 - yay! my moon boot is off and now I am in an ankle brace, physiotherapy starts and am allowed to walk - but not overdo it...

Wednesday 29 April 2020 - the oranges on our orange tree are starting to orange


 Thursday 30 April 2020 - we bought a coffee and cake in Dardanup and went to the Crooked Brook Forest, had our afternoon tea and then went for a little walk along the sealed pathway. Not much was flowering but we did spy the Easter Bunny orchid - Eriochilus dilatatus subsp. multiflorus
In spring this is a lovely place to walk. But right now it is food for the soul. This was my first opportunity to be out in the bush since my operation. 
Friday 1 May 2020 - I made this "journal" sketch book last year, and haven't used it. I decided to do a little sketching of this small spray of eucalypt leaves from Crooked Brook, and painted it with colours derived from leaves, flowers and bark. For a first try I was very happy. Years ago, when I was in high school I had aspirations of being a botanical artist. It didn't happen. 
But it has been relaxing doing these little painting doodles. A time for my mind to be quiet. 
I need to learn how to make green....


Saturday 2 May 2020 - some of those colours derived from leaves, flowers and bark.


Sunday 3 May 2020 - we decided to drive a little way south and buy take-away fish and chips to eat near the beach at Busselton. You can see here the start of the Busselton jetty. It wasn't the best day for it because of the cold wild wind (winter is coming), but there were other people out doing the same thing - whilst taking into consideration social distancing rules.


 And a special song from Kermit



So that's it from me for this week. What has been the best way for you to get through these stressful times? Perhaps you would like to tell us in your comments. Stay well. And stay connected.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

20 comments:

  1. We have low casuality figures here also in Trinidad and Tobago🇹🇹 because of the restrictons imposed. And the cautions continually being posted via the mass media methods

    Be safe. Happy mosaic Monday

    Much💛🌺💛love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think more people around the world need to realise that social distancing and restrictions are put in place for our own survival.

      Delete
  2. Hello again Jill, I really agree with you on 'whatever it takes'. In the beginning of this unusual time a lot of social media was about doing doing doing and I'm so glad those people have changed their tune. Now I see more of what you are saying - just do whatever is good for you at this time.

    Me? I'm at home again cooking, sewing and creating. I'd not really stopped doing all that in the past few years but I wasn't enjoying it as much as I used to or doing as much. Now I'm finding myself quite content with being home, not rushing about so much and picking up the the bits that I left off when our children left home. Its a nice feeling!

    Wishing you all the best with your foot recovery - Evi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is lovely not to have to rush around filling our lives with "stuff". Enjoy this time.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post with lovely pics! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Jill
    Your post and images are just lovely. I love the walk in the forest. Our state is seeing protestors and people dying on the same day. I think most people want something of their normalcy returned, hubby and I will take it slow. We will have a new normal..I hope your foot is healing well. Take care! Enjoy your day, have a happy new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we need to take it slow, and not to be too impatient for "normal" to return. Take care Eileen.

      Delete
  5. I am so thankful to be spending this time with my life partner. He and I support each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be really difficult to be living on our own at this time.

      Delete
  6. Jill you are so blessed, you even got to the beach! This last week 80.000 people protested in Newport beach (more than a mile long) because they couldn't be on the beach - feel for them, with this nice weather! You have the right attitude, and we are forced by this time to "be," instead of to "do!" Wished that some more would have the accepting attitude like you - maybe it's because of your creativity! It's amazing to me you still can take these images with your leg incapacitated! Wow, beautiful - many thanks for sharing with All Seasons. Have a happy and healthy week, Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  7. You call it a doodle and I call that art. Well done.
    Yes, we should all be grateful and use our time wisely.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've definitely thought lately that I'm not getting as much done now. But we are still walking a lot and I use the days we don't walk to keep up with things around the house. Many of our Florida trails opened today so I'll be walking even more now. Thanks for always inspiring us! Take care and stay safe my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jill - I am so glad that you wrote this post. I am someone who is easily "guilted" into doing things, but there is no one to blame but myself. And so when I read your post a couple of weeks ago, it sent me into a bit of a panic and I had to have a serious "get over it" conversation with myself! I retired three years ago in order to relax, right?

    I am so glad you have moved on from the boot, and more than a little bit jealous that you are going "out" for fish and chips. We are still trying to work out when we are ready to order take out or even visit a restaurant. Nervous, we are.

    Thanks for the Kermit song - so moving. I am glad to have you at Mosaic Monday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you again on the challenge Our World...

    ...wonderful News about your broken leg. Früher speedy recovery. And I love your painting.

    Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you on the virus, nobody should feel guilty about how they spend their time as we all live different lives and many people have lost their jobs and have financial problems. I am finding the isolation quite relaxing and have even been enjoying housework as I have plenty of time now, but I still haven't done the ironing!! There is always tomorrow. Good to hear your moon boot is off and you are a bit more mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some great points during this weird time in our world. Yes, agree, make the most of it because it won't last forever...fingers crossed. lol Enjoy those babies if you have them home from school. I so miss those young years, but wonder how it would be to have them little at this time. Prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is no wrong or right way to get through this crisis. Walking once a day is getting me through but even that can be a challenge. This is the start of my 8th week in lockdown. The days just blend into one another. I am trying to keep a diary to prove to myself that I do so ething each day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How great that you can start walking again! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm happy that you can get around better and getting out a bit. Love your photos and your thoughts.

    It's great to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.