Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Wednesday 27 May 2020

A week in winter

Hi everyone, the last few days have disappeared as we have been hunkering down away from the wild storms that have lashed our Western Australian coastline. Lucky for us we haven't sustained any damage around our property, though there was a very sleepless night on Sunday as I lay in bed and listened to everything rattling. We really need the rain, especially in the agricultural regions, and now that winter is on it's way it has suddenly turned cold, so the fire has been on every night.

So I don't know if it was that, or what, as we haven't had any "appointments" the last 3 days, but I forgot about my blog on Monday. So thought I'd better do something about it. 

In the meantime however, Covid cases in Western Australia have thankfully remain low, I have been starting to get out for some short walks which have been lovely, and playing around more with my eco printing. 

So here is this week's collage for my photo-a-day project -




 Monday - 18 May 2020 - we went down to the Balingup Tree Park for the day. It truly is beautiful this year with the colours of the autumn leaves from trees planted from around the world. 
I've blogged about it several times - last time was last year - Autumn colour in Western Australia


 Tuesday - 19 May 2020 - laying out some of those autumn leaves on paper for botanical eco-printing. This is Red Maple.


 Wednesday - 20 May 2020 - Tonight I did two zoom meetings, one a photography workshop and the other a catch up with my Spanish dancing group. It seems to be the new normal these days.


 Thursday - 21 May 2020 - beautiful red flowering gum tree on our afternoon walk.


 Friday - 22 May 2020 - playing with dyeing natural Eri silk thread with colours made from leaves, flowers and bark.


Saturday - 23 May 2020 - leaves of the Sea Urchin Hakea - Hakea petiolaris


 Sunday - 24 May 2020 - fresh quinces and granny smith apples bought from a grower from the Boyanup farmer's market.



Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

16 comments:

  1. The gold green hue of the fruit is delicious and lovely! You have an eye for beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see what you did with the yarn, I'm itching to do something like that. Do you buy the yarn undyed, Or? Beautiful Fall colors in the leaves! And love the apples in fall! When it really storms here, the wind in the trees is the loudest (louder than rattling!) Love your post for All Seasons. Hope you can sleep better this week! Jesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I have been dyeing myself - this is eco-dyeing. Look it up and you will learn more. There are lots of us all around the world. :)

      Delete
  3. I really enjoy your newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that red flowering gum made my heart sing - I must be missing Australia! I did hear about your massive storms last week! Glad you are starting to get out and about, we are too here in Bangkok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful autumn photos. I hope you were safe and well with the storms in WA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do the dyes in yarns last if washed? Always great to have fun projects to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some really pretty fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful images - my fave is the red flowering gum. #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are keeping busy! I would love to go to the tree park since we don't usually have a lot of variety over here. Great photos this week!

    Your link is a great addition to 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jill, nice to read from the other side of the World. It seems better with your broken leg!? I hope so...

    ...meanwhile you get Winter and cold tempetatures we have springtime here. Therefore I would like to invite you to enjoy our blooms.

    Stay healthy and well, dear blogfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We haven't been to a park in two months. It is now allowed, but so many people are going that it doesn't feel safe any more. We have very few cases in our county in Washington State and may be allowed to reopen a few stores and restaurants. Now sure I'm ready for that anyway. We did have a nice burrito and taco dinner at a food truck parked near our condo. That was a good feeling of normalcy. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much gorgeous colour up there! I love the autumn hues.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.