Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Saturday, 25 July 2026

Down in the winter woods - Manjimup - Western Australia

 Hi everyone, I hope life is treating you and yours well. It has been cold and wet here the last few weeks, which has given me more time for other things including my photo book from our recent holiday. 

I am doing a little sidestep this week away from my Across Australia series - don't worry I will be back with the next enstallment next time. 

However I wanted to share some photos I took recently on a photography group day out with another photography group in Manjimup, Western Australia. We went looking for fungi in Foresters Wood and Four Aces near Manjimup. It has been a yearly catchup. It was very damp underfoot - perfect for fungi. Thankyou Manjimup for the great day out! 

I didn't take my tripod (I find it so restrictive), so upped the ISO so I could take photos handheld with my macro lens. I was reasonably happy with the results. 

Life in minature - 

I think this one needs a fairy or an elf sitting on top - not a native species and highly toxic! 



Life on the log


Not just fungi ....





Below is Paraserianthes lophantha - commonly known as Cape Leeuwin Wattle or Crested Wattle - it is the only species occurring in south-west Western Australia; the other is found in tropical Australia. Australian National Herbarium. It is very different to the usual Australian wattles which come from the Acacia family. 

Last time we visited Four Aces in 2024 we saw this Spotted Pardalote pair - female on the left, male on the right. Thanks to my husband for the bird photos. 
This time we could hear them way up in the trees, but didn't see any on the ground. 


We also recently went searching in our local nature reserve for the tiny Helmet Orchids (Corybas) which are usually starting to appear in the leaf litter this time of year. I think we might have been a little early, but we did find one group. 



and a tiny Midge Orchid - Inaturalist.org-Cyrtostylis-huegelii


If you are lucy you might see and kangaroo or a red tailed black cockatoo



Thank you so much for stopping by. Do you go fungi or orchid hunting? Perhaps you would like to tell us about it in your comments. 

You might also like - 


I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 
I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

If you are looking for a translate button - it's there near the top on the right hand side. 


Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.
Until then, enjoy your day...Life only comes around once, so do what makes you happy, be kind, and be with people who make you smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.