Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 27 February 2023

52 x 2 photo project - February 2023

 Hi everyone, I hope you and yours are doing well. This week I am continuing sharing my 52 x 2 photo project with you. 2 photos per week for 52 weeks - one colur and one mono per week. Below are my February images. 


Week 1 - 1 February 2023 - colour - Outside some housing units I saw this little patch of gorgeous sunflowers. So I went back with my camera to photograph them.


Week 1 - 3 February 2023 - mono - a walk bridge over the water between the Leschenault Inlet and Koombana Bay in Bunbury. 


Week 2 - 6 February 2023 - Mono - Giant red tingle tree in the Valley of the Giants at Walpole in our Great Southern Region of Western Australia, taken during a little getaway. 


Week 2 - 7 February 2023 - Colour - Driving through the karri forest along the Karri Explorer drive in the Pemberton region during our little getaway. More about this later. 


Week 3 - 12 February 2023 - Colour - Banksia Baxteri - Baxter's Banksia. I bought a bunch of these gorgeous banksias in Balingup on the way home from our little getaway. You can see more if you click on the link. 


Week 3 - 15 February 2023 - Mono - playing with a little still life photography for a photogrpahy group topic. 


I ended up entering this one, and received a Gold award for it - a collection of my grandmother's mother's, and mother-in-laws old spoons etc, plus a few of my own. 


Week 4 - 20 February 2023 - Mono - the Safety Bay jetty near Rockingham


Week 4 - 21 February 2023 - Colour - On an overnight trip to Rockingham a couple of hours north of home, we took a ferry ride to Penguin Island and then a dolphin-sealion boat tour and penguin discovery talk. We hadn't been to Penguin Island since we were teenagers - it's changed a lot! More on this later! 


The Penguins are so cute! 

BONUS shot - We went to the South West Multicultural Festival in Bunbury on the 18 February. Always a fabulous afternoon of free multicultural entertainment. And a great opportunity to experience cultural dance. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the evening show. This is a vibrant Colombian dancer.  


And the beautiful Nicole from Sol y Sombra Spanish Dance Company in Bunbury. I've blogged about them many times before. Sadly I haven't danced this past year due to a foot problem. 


A few more pics from the Multicultural festival 

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 

My thoughts go to the people of the Ukraine at this time of the one year anniversary. 

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

17 comments:

  1. My favourites are the first two. Sunflowers always scream summertime to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the sunflowers. Such a summer happy flower.

      Delete
  2. Jill - I am partial to your Week 1 photos. Gorgeous sunflowers, and the symmetry of the bridge - spectacular! I don't really do black and white photography, but I am learning what is effective from observing the subjects you choose - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jill,
    Gorgeous photos and mosaics! The sunflowers are lovely. I like the B&W shot of the bridge. The penguins are so cute! The festival looks like a fun time. Great post. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Jill, you captured some gorgeous images, the sunflower is my favorite for many reason. I hope that peace breaks out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are remarkable! I love the penguins and the sunflowers too. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see your pics. The sunflower... Oh it make me longing for Summer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you a lot for your visite on my blog. And entering here, in your home, I discovered so many beauties!
    I like how you choose the subjects! Vey interesting also the montly mosaic.
    Happy WW and a fine Spring, with a lot of discovered beauties!😘❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are many eyecatching captures here, Jill. Especially I love the historical cutlery.

    ... thank you being part of
    MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos, Jill -- love the costumes!
    Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/02/some-rural-memories_0978938360.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos - I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all gorgeous. I like the still lifes probably because I forget to try some, and especially the spoons. Original. Now, I want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fun way to document your life, Jill, and the photos are so great. I really like this challenge.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Jill,
    even if the flowers were probably primarily intended for my Nature Thursday, the still lifes in your pictures are my absolute favorites this time.
    Herzliche Grüße - Elke (Mainzauber)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a good idea and interesting to me is how you pick the subjects for both techniques.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.