Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 31 December 2018

Adapting to change at the end of 2018




Usually at the end of the year I write about the year that was. But for this year I am wrapping up the year differently.

Early in 2014 I was asked to join the Communal Global family as one of its regular contributors. I had been linking up my weekly blog posts to their Wednesday Around the World linky party for a couple of years, so I was thrilled to be invited to join this wonderful group of ladies from all around the world.


 Then around August 2017 I was asked if I could write their regular Friday posts, which included a mosaic from each of their regular contributors.

Communal Global has had many contributors over the years. Their current contributors are from Hong Kong (Singwa), New Zealand (Betty), Australia (me), Finland (Susanna), England (Caroline) and USA (Tamar) with occasional visits from Catherine (formally in Paris but now back in the USA) and Caro (Venezuela). 

 Communal Global is a vibrant group of women from all over the world, with many differences in where we live and the language we speak, but also many similarities to be found as we shared pieces of our lives and we found we were really not that different to each other.

Due to a few changes happening with Flickr where we upload our weekly photos, and changes in circumstances with some contributors, we have sadly decided to close down the Communal Global blog on Blogspot and the weekly Wednesday Around the World link-up on that blog. 

BUT it is not the end of Communal Global -  you will now be able to find us over on Instagram and Facebook with our link ups at Linky Friends on Facebook 
We are making changes to keep up with our changing world, but Communal Global has gone through many changes over the years. 

My goodness, Instagram seems to be the flavour for sharing at the moment. I hope you will come and join us and follow us over there.


Our last post is today 31 December, so we are going out with an explosion of colour and memories. I sincerely thank the girls for inviting me to join Communal Global. I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. And I am sad to see the blog in its present format close down.

Here is my final collage. I've enjoyed sharing my little corner of Australia with people all over the world through Communal Global. 


And final mosaics from the other contributors I have come to know over the last few years. I hope you will click on the links to visit them.

Singwa, Hong Kong - sharing her fascinating life - sights and sounds - in a big city


 Betty, New Zealand - amazing scenery


Susanna, Finland - I've loved seeing her snowy pics, especially in summer here!



Caroline, England - who has been at Communal Global right from the beginning

Tamar, USA - Tamar will be continuing a Wednesday link up at her blog - Randomosity - The good, random and fun  Thank you Tamar! 



Caro, Venezuela, with her delightful shares of family life
And the amazing street photography of Catherine in Paris, now adapting to life back in the USA.

So that is me for today. Thank you so much for stopping by.  I wish you all and your families a happy, safe and fabulous 2019 and as I said at the top of the post "dare to dream".  You never know where it might take you in 2019. Dream big, but start small.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!
Life in Reflection

Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

10 comments:

  1. Love this. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! Isn't Instagram fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great getting to know you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great photo memories. Sad that another has left the blogging world. Will miss Global, but can still visit your blog. I do Facebook sometimes, but am now leery of their security and sad that it has become the all to the social interactions. Just my opinion as I know others love it. I do Instagram, but wish it was interactive with my desktop as I use that more than my phone since its photos just aren't the bomb, but I may venture over to see the link ups. haha Anyway, Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was sad that Communal Global decided to shut down. It really was a great linky. I do a bit of Instagram, but like you I wish I could add photos from my computer instead of having to upload the photos from my phone and then to Instagram. Oh well. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. Dear Jill, I have been captivated viewing your blog and seeing all the beauty and depth of your photography. I’m also struck by the collages and those of your fellow photographers/artists presenting your individual lenses on your worlds- such a delightful way to gain from others points of view! Thank you again for sharing, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda for your very kind comments and for stopping by. Have fun in your new studio!

      Delete
  6. Jill - I am sad to see the changes with Communal Global, but I know we shouldn't stand in the way of progress! Your mosaics to mark the end of the era are truly spectacular. Happy New Year, my friend, and I look forward to all that 2019 will bring!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.