Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Thursday 22 September 2011

Light the Night

On Wednesday we joined my son, daughter-in-law, and grandsons as part of Jen's team for Light the Night in Bunbury, which is an initive of the The Leukaemia Foundation to raise awareness of Leukaemia and raise funds for the wonderful work they do supporting families. We went along to support Jen and to remember Jen's mother, Dora, who died on 26 February 2008, suddenly and unexpectedly from acute promyelocytic leukaemia. 

As part of the night, the people attending walk with coloured balloons, remembering those they have lost, celebrating those that have survived, and thanking supporters. 


I didn't take many photos, but two that I did take I share with you here, of my grandson's Jamie and Owen - Jamie who only knew his grandmother for 2 years and Owen who never knew her. I know she watches over them. They are such a special part of my life.

These photos were taken in low light, and I didn't want to use the flash, so I used a high ISO to get this shot. I know it has a bit of blur, but I rather like the effect - and these snapshots of a slice of time in their young lives. 




This is the greatest love of all  xxx

You can see a poem and photos about Dora and our grandchildren here -  
For Dora - our beautiful boys 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.