Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Friday 25 February 2011

For Dora - our beautiful boys.................

I see you in the soft breeze 
       and the perfume of the flowers in my garden
I see you in the eyes of our grandsons
I hear you in their laughter
And I know you are a part of all that is good in them.


I cry that you are not here to share in their lives
      and yet I know you are watching over them from afar.
I cry that your daughter is without her mother
      and that I can never be the mother she has lost
And yet I know you talk to her in her dreams
      and that you bring comfort.

It has been three years since you left us when Gold called
      and yet you are all around us
You smile at me from your frame on my mantlepiece
      and I light a candle for you 
And I cry for all that has been lost from our lives
       without you here.


This is my gift to Jen and our beautiful boys in the memory of Dora - 26 February.

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer Harrison27 February 2011 at 17:16

    My dearest Jill, my mother-in-law,

    You are truly gifted at putting into words all the things that most people can't and you have made me cry with your beautiful writing in memory of mum, she would have been truly touched.

    you may not be able to replace my mum but you are the best mother-in-law I could ever wish to have and best of all, a fantastic mother to Paul and grandmother to my boys.

    Thanks for the memory.

    Love Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Jen. Your mum inspired me to write these special words for her. It still makes me so sad that she is no longer with us, and being a part of all our lives - especially our two beautiful little boys. You have a special place in our hearts, and we love you always and forever.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Jill, thank you for remembering our Mum xxx
    from Christine, through Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Jill xxxx
    from Nicole, through Facebook

    ReplyDelete