Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 6 November 2023

Eco-printing and Coreopsis

Hi everyone, I hope you and yours are doing well. 

This time of year - November and December - summer - the Coreopsis in my garden comes alive. I love it.  The bees love them too. 


But as well as making a fantastic bright border plant in my front garden that I have to do nothing to other than cutting off the dead heads, and which comes back year after year - even in winter the green leafy plants are there - coreopsis is fantastic for eco-printing. 


The last few weeks I have been busy getting ready for Art in The Garden artisan markets for Christmas at the Stirling Street art Centre in Bunbury - it's on the last Sunday in November - less than three weeks now - so I don't have long to finish. 

Today and one day last week I have been printing with my coreopsis. Here's a few pics for you to enjoy.

These are on cotton up-cycle shirts - 


They are also fantastic on silk and wool scarves - 


I'm going to make some tote bags - but I haven't finished making them yet so I will have to come back later with those. 

Just a short post from me today - busy busy!

Do you know about eco-printing? I have blogged briefly about it before here - Eco-printing- magical absorbing art. I've learnt a lot more since then. There are some complicated processes, but I like the simplicity of printing with my coreopsis. 

There are lots of websites where you can find out more. too much for me to tell you even the basics here! I've been doing it for a few years now, but still have lots to learn. 

I continue to be heartbroken by the tragedy around the world. My friend has just returned from one of the war zones - thankfully safe. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!
   

7 comments:

  1. The eco printing is such a clever form of printing. I had to go back and click on the link to see how it is done. Your explanation makes it sound simple which I'm sure it isn't. Beautiful results with your summer flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many other interestings things here to see, to read like the öko-prints. I must try this too.
    I enjoyed your post.

    Thank you for sharing and being part at
    MosaicMonday.

    Have a wonderful week.
    Many Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dresses are really wonderful and pretty. Love the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I love the little singlet top - unfortunately way too small for me!

      Delete
  5. That's fascinating!
    Thank you for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/11/last-post-from-longwood-gardens-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is so lovely. I can imagine if I ever tried it, I too would be addicted to it. The result is so amazing. Have fun at your showings.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.