Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 2 October 2023

Perth weekend snaps - Western Australia

 HI everyone, I hope you and yours are well.

Just a quick post from me today. We had a weekend in Perth catching up with family and friends. While we were there we took a ride on the train - something we hadn't done before. I didn't have time to wander... but here are a few quick random pics from our quick walk through Perth (Western Australia's capital city) to the central train station. 

Perth Central Railway Station was designed by Richard Roach Jewell, the same architect of other famous city buildings such as Perth Town Hall, and Pensioners’ Barracks, prior to 1880. The foundation stone was laid on 10 May 1880 and construction took place over ten months before the station was opened to the public for use in 1 March 1881.
It has a few face changes since then! 



Crossing over to the Forrest Chase square from the railway station



On the left is the old Perth city Post Office


Yes there are trees in our city and sitting and walking places - but strangely the city seems much quieter - I think many people go to the big shopping centres in the suburbs now. 



The Perth Town Hall - and the iconic London Court arcade
Built in 1870, Perth Town Hall is Australia's only Gothic-style town hall, and the only town hall in the world built by convicts. 

Built in 1937 London Court is one of Perth’s best loved heritage listed shopping destinations. Inspired by Tudor England and located in the heart of the City, the court links Hay Street Mall and St George’s Terrace.


For more info:
Visit Perth
Perth museums and galleries

I haven't just wandered around Perth with my camera for a long time.... I must do it again soon.... and allow more time to just do that! 

You might also like from my blog:
A weekend in Perth - 2012

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 
I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful tour of Perth. I like the sculpture, cool view of the train station. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like strolling around there in person. I marveled at the architectural beauty of each building.
    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I love architecture and you sure showed some wonderful style. Take care and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the tour through Perth train station. Good frames to look at. There is a Forest Chase shopping centre in Forest Hill Melbourne. It is no match to the ones you have shown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be a beautiful city to spend time. I love the photos you've shared and know the train ride was a highlight too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely tour of Perth. what I remember dearly from Perth is that their trams are free and people thank driver when getting off tram. that was music to my ears.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy MosaicMonday Thank you so much being part at
    MosaicMonday

    Have a fine week. Greetings by Heidrun

    PS: I believe the translator give this unknown word ... I don`t know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A train ride! What fun. And Perth looks to be a city that would be a lot of fun to explore at length also.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.