Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Tuesday 2 February 2021

January 2021 - Covid photo a day project

 Hi everyone, I can hardly believe it is February already. Where has the first month of the year gone? I really didn't think back in March 2020 when I started this project that I would still be doing by Covid photo a day project, but as you know Covid is still alive and well and continuing spreading around the world, now with new strains, making it even harder to control. A friend recently lost her mother in Spain to Covid. It was so incredibly difficult for her not to be able to go to Spain to be with her mother and family. Her brother and niece are also infected, and another friends family in South America. My heart goes out to them, and to all those around the world who have lost loved ones. 

Here in Australia we have still continued to do very well, with people returning from overseas having to go into mandatory 14 day hotel quarantine, and mini total lockdowns when there has been community outbreaks. 

It has been 8 months since there was a community spread case in Western Australia, until this last weekend. As of 6pm Sunday we are now in total lockdown for 5 days, in an effort to contain the spread. I am hoping that it will only be 5 days. I cannot imagine what people in other places of the world have been going through in lockdown for weeks or months this past year. I think over the last 8 months we have become complacent, at least here in Western Australia. This lockdown will jolt us back to reality. Facemasks are now mandatory when outside. Another first for us. 


So here is my January photo a day project.....

1 January 2021 - Friday - Xylomelum pyriforme, commonly known as the woody pear

2 January 2021 - Saturday - our little birds are doing a good job of raising their second batch of young - just about ready to fly the nest

3 January 2021 - Sunday - my nephew enjoying nature play

4 January 2021 - Monday - my first attempt at making paper

5 January 2021 - Tuesday - out in the boat with young family members to see the dolphins in Koombana Bay. Some of them have calves and came right up to our boat. So beautiful.

6 January 2021 - Wednesday - another beautiful sunset along the Leschenault Inlet


5 January, 2021 - Tuesday - bonus shot - drying roses


7 January 2021 - Thursday - having fun being towed behind on boat on the new biscuit

8 January 2021 - Friday - drying lavender for my paper making experiments

9 January 2021 - Saturday - paper making with roses 

9 January 2021 - Saturday - bonus shot - Indian Ocean sunset at the basalt rocks in Bunbury

10 January 2021 - Sunday - Corymbia ficifolia, Red flowering gum

11 January 2021 - Monday - paper making experiments with statice flowers highlights. A lot to learn. 



12 January 2021 - Tuesday - golden kangaroo paws in my front garden

13 January 2021 - Wednesday - sometimes you just have to force your grandkids away from their computers and out into the fresh air

14 January 2021 - Thursday - another glorious Leshenault Inlet sunset

15 January 2021 - Friday - netting our grapes - birds not welcome!

16 January 2021 - Saturday - introduction to watercolour painting workshop with my sister at the Bunbury summer school at the Stirling Street Arts centre with Kellee Merritt. Excellent 2 days!

17 January 2021 - Sunday - mosaic at the Stirling Street Arts Centre.


18 January 2021 - Monday - Marri flowers along the Millers Creek walk

19 January 2021 - Tuesday - proud of my watercolour painting tutored during the Kelly Merritt watercolour class at Summer School at the Stirling Street Art Centre. It was a set piece so I won't take credit for the subject.

20 January 2021 - Wednesday - The Bunbury Art Gallery side door lit by my car lights after Spanish dance class. I rather liked the effect.


21 January 2021 - Thursday - summer at Koombana Bay, Bunbury


22 January 2021 - Friday - macro of chewed eucalypt leaf

23 January 2021 - Saturday  - South West Opera Company - Opera on the Move - for Fringe Festival in Stirling Gardens. A very enjoyable event. 



24 January 2021 - Sunday - drying more flowers

25 January 2021 - Monday - we bought a box of tomatoes in Donnybrook. Now we have to do something with them. Today Rod made tomato soup to put in the freezer for winter as a base for Minestrone.

26 January 2021 - Tuesday - Australia Day - and going out in the boat

26 January 2021 - Tuesday - bonus shot - Australia Day crab catch for lunch

27 January 2021 - Wednesday - very happy with my latest batch of botanical eco-printing on upcycled cotton

27 January 2021 - Wednesday - bonus shot - rather liked this moon resting on the power lines


28 January 2021 - Thursday - today I made Grape and tomato chutney

29 January 2021 - Friday - we were given a voucher for Corners on the Bay, so we went there for breakfast. Thanks Julie.

29 January 2021 - Friday - bonus shot - getting ready for Sol y Sombra's flash mob in the Fringe hub at the Stirling Street Arts Centre

30 January 2021 - Saturday - Forza dragon boat regatta match racing in the Leschenault Inlet on Saturday afternoon. I was in the on-water race control boat, so was able to snap some good pics. 

31 January 2021 - Sunday - unexpected emergency lockdown for Perth, Peel & South West for Covid from 6pm tonight. Masks are mandatory, so I started making some this afternoon.


That's January done and dusted. I hope you and yours are safe and doing well. Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 


I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!


Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

18 comments:

  1. Such beautiful shots. Love the second one with the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos always make me smile! We are entering our fourth month of our second lockdown, masks are mandatory, permission to leave the home must be given by the government and destinations limited. We are all thankful to be 'locked up' in such a beautiful place but still it is beginning to wear down the spirit a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I don't know how I could cope with that. I know it is happening everywhere around the world. So grateful to be here. Take care and stay safe.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely wonderful images, all of them. The opera company made me smile BIG time!

    Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/02/black-and-white.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos for the days. We are the same here with the Covid. No lockdown, but limited things open to the public, which is hurting the owners. We do have a curfew. Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I congratulate you on your project! I find myself wasting time and opportunities to use the time during covid, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was the most eventful January I have ever seen, Jill! You are a busy person. The Opera Company on the move - what a novel idea. so many things to react to here, but I hope you keep us at All Seasons up to date with your paper making! Love the leave-dress you made. It smells like vacation time:)Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill - increasingly, I know people who have lost someone to COVID; at this time last year, I didn't know one person who had even had it ... how much our world has changed. "Biscuit" - I think it means the inflatable behind the boat, right? New terminology for me! I smiled at the "Opera on the Move" - this is the kind of event that my daughter is also managing in her role as a stage manager. Your sunset photos are out of this world! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday, my friend, and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, biscuit is an inflatable ring that you lay on to be towed behind the boat. The boys love it. The Opera on the Move was fabulous. I knew someone performing, so doubly enjoyable.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful images. Love to see them. Here in The Netherlands our lockdown extended, some relaxations for schools and shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so fortunate here in Western Australia. Stay safe!

      Delete
  9. Looks like a full month of activity inspite of all going on. What fun! Being on the race boat and snapping photos! That would have been exciting and enjoyable.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos, fingers crossed we get out of lockdown today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are so varied and interesting over the week.

    Thank you for being a part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shots and I love the opera on the move. A great concept for the masses! Thanks for linking up and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos - a beautiful documentation of your month

    ReplyDelete
  14. That drying roses shot is gorgeous!
    L xoxo #lovinlife

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.