Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 30 March 2020

Daily photo project

Hi everyone, how are you going in these stressful anxious tragic times. I can hardly believe what is happening daily hourly in our world at the moment. Like a friend said to me the other day..."I just want to wake up and find it was all a bad dream".
Unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen. 

Much has changed here in the last week. I am afraid I was a bit blaze about it a few weeks ago, but reality has hit. 

 Australia closed its external borders, its internal borders between states and now our state Western Australia, has created internal regional borders across which we cannot cross. The South West is our corner of the world. It is a beautiful corner to be isolated in, but they are encouraging us to stay at home and not travel at all and caravan parks and hotels are closing. We can't go to our capital, Perth, but I don't want to go there anyway, because the majority of cases are there.  

In Perth they have had to accept virus cases from several cruise ships which is imposing pressure on our health system. But I guess the other side of the coin is, if my son or daughter were overseas and sick, I would want that country to help them.
 Restrictions have been imposed to limit only 2 people in a gathering, cafes have been restricted to take away only, gyms, libraries and art galleries have closed, many businesses are shutting their doors and the unemployment queues get longer by the day.  Only essential travel is allowed - ie to buy groceries or medicine. Schools are still open but many parents are choosing to home school.  School holidays will be starting in a couple of weeks. Teachers and schools are scrambling to provide on-line classes. We have decided to keep our son home for the duration from the sheltered workshop where he works. He is stressed about all that is happening.

I am trying to stay positive for my son and my husband, and trying to keep connected with family and friends, and let them know I am here for them on the end of the phone if they need to talk. It seems like I am using Facebook much more than ever, but I am grateful for the connections I can make through this social media. 

There are lots of jokes and music videos out there to try and lighten the mood. Here is a little video for you for those who like The Sound of Music... though I am not sure they are practising social distancing....



Here is the continuation of my daily photo project...
there is so much to be grateful for in this isolation slow down world - I think we needed the reminder to remember what is most important to us. 

Monday - 23 March 2020 - sunny daisies in my garden, seem to bloom on and off all year. They are such a happy colour. 

 Tuesday - 24 March 2020 - view from my pre-op waiting bed. 
Last September I broke my ankle, which subsequently healed after 6 weeks in a moon boot.  In February they discovered through an MRI that I had 2 torn ligaments in my ankle requiring surgery. It was really a toss of a coin whether I would get in for my operation before they closed the hospital operating theatres. On Monday they rang and asked if I could be there by lunchtime Tuesday. I was very lucky as they closed the operating theatres the next day. I feel so grateful as otherwise I probably would have had to wait 6 months.  A huge thank you to my surgeon, pre-op and post-op nursing staff - they were amazing. 

  
Wednesday - 25 March 2020 - in my hospital room before I came home. My leg will be in plaster for 2 weeks, resting at this angle, and then another 4 weeks in a moon boot.


 Have you seen one of these scooter things - I am not allowed to put my foot down, so on this thing you kneel on the padded part and push yourself around with your other foot. It works well and much better than me teetering around on crutches right now. It even has a little basket to carry my bits and pieces - book, phone, water bottle etc in.  And my husband has made a ramp so I can get outside. Our bathroom looks like a grannies bathroom with camode chair, shower chair and hand rails everywhere. :)


Thursday - 26 March 2020 - my husband has been cooking muffins the last month or so. Delicious for breakfast. These are cheese bacon and chives. 


Friday - 27 March 2020 - getting some online castanet tuition. I certainly need to practise and now I have time to do it and drive my family and neighbours crazy!  
Once I get out of this plaster and moon boot I can take advantage of the exercise videos out there. 


 Saturday - 28 March 2020 - a little take on the great toilet roll debarkle and social distancing... 

 Sunday - 29 March 2020 - playing with rotating my camera in my garden to see what I can get. 



 And a bonus shot - Saturday 28 March 2020 - the beautiful moon flower in my garden.  Each flower only flowers one night. You can tell in the afternoon which ones might open, but if you forget to go and look after dark, you will miss them, as by the morning they will be closed up again. My husband held the torch for me so I could take some photos. 
They have a very strong perfume to attract insects. 
I've blogged about them before here - Her beauty only lasts one night


Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you are doing ok and staying well. Perhaps you would like to share in your comments. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

30 comments:

  1. Jill - thank you for this entertaining post - just what the doctor (ahem) ordered! I am a huge Julie Andrews fan, so I bust a gut listening to that video. So glad you were able to get in for your surgery and that you are recovering well. (And what a supportive hubby - I am imagining the two of you in the garden, he with the flashlight and you hobbling around on that plaster cast! It's never too much to get just the right photo!) Stay well, my friend! And thanks for taking the time to link up to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to get the photo then, morning would have been too late! The things we do.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Jill for sharing your wonderful moon flower photos. So glad you had your surgery before the closing deadline. Heal well. Just listened to the video you shared. Thank you.
    Joyg

    ReplyDelete
  3. The moon flowers are sensational ... the other captures of blooms so lovely as ever in each post.

    ...yes, keep in touch in Corona time. Its the one and only way we have yet...

    Stay healthy! Get healthy!

    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cactus flowers and send you a lot of patience! I broke very severely my ankle in the summer 2018 and wore a cast for three months!!!! But time passes, heal well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 months! Oh no! Yes i keep reminding myself that the time will pass

      Delete
  5. Yes. We should long have booked our two-year-flight to Perth and didn´t.
    Your schools are open?! And you are THE country with "on-air"-classes... (We´ve been visiting them in Alice, great concept).

    As bad as it is, that song made me laugh indeed! So glad we have the internet!

    Oh, wee. best wishes for healing. Properly this time!
    I´ve never heard of a moon flower - amazing (I do not like to use that word, but... it fits!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as more and more children are pulled out of school they will close, as I think our local school has. They are taking early autumn break that usually starts at Easter, now a week earlier. I doubt they will go back. Take care.

      Delete
  6. Hello Jill, I wish you a speedy recovery and a complete recovery. Your flower images are just gorgeous. Take care, stay well! Wishing you a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos of th moon flower are just breathtaking!!! It is so very beautiful. So sorry to see you had.to have surgery. But you look like you’re scootin’ around well. Now just stay well and have a g rand week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yellow daisies are my absolute favourite flower. I have a question. I use Blogger and would like to have a category list at the top of my page like you do. How do you add that feature? - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah...if you go into "Design", then on the left hand side "pages" you can create a page here and it appears as a tab. Then just put in what you want, and publish. Easy peezy :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I'll try it out. - Margy

      Delete
  9. I have seen a moon flower once...many years ago! They are beautiful! I'm so sorry about your ankle! Awhile back I saw someone on a paved hiking trail on one of those scooters with one leg up. I talked to the lady and she said it felt so great to get outside again after a long time inside. Most of our hiking trails are closed now. We hope we can still find one open this week. Take care of yourself and I'm wishing you complete healing! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning flower images Jill - it's a treat you have them linked to All Seasons. Yes a young fire fighter in our church used a scooter like that - it looks very comfortable:) For you it's the right time, you can't go anywhere anyway:) All the restrictions you talked about we already had in the beginning - no social gatherings at all, including of staying home from school. Am in a good place, my kids have grown up, I don't worry about them. But they immediately called us, asking if we were okay:)
    Am not worried, but have a lot of questions about how society is going to cope when we start back up, especially the small, and mom and pop businesses. The president is right - the sooner the better. More and more people start feeling "lonely" (which often means, they feel depressed), and it would not surprise me if some suicides are going to occur before this all is over. Wishing you a smooth healing period and ake it easy with for a few weeks, Jill! Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry that you have had to have surgery but at least you got in before they closed the hospital surgery unit. Now you can isolate with your scooter, it will make recovery a bit better than crutches, I know because year ago I had a broken foot and crutches are horrible. Stay safe and well. Love your photos and your husband's muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...Thank you for stopping by to my Post. Its a pleasure to go in touch with a other photograph!

    I'll try to install a translation on my blog ... sorry, for searching.

    Greetings from the far away Bavaria 👋

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, what a time you have had. I am surprised that your schools are still open as they seem to be shut every where else in the world. So glad you were able to get your surgery completed. I have two blogger friends with some serious health issues and who need surgery but in each case it has been postponed by the hospitals because of CV. Take care and stay well!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are a little behind the rest of the world here in Australia. Being an island helps I think, and they are starting to bring in strict external, internal and within states border shutdowns. I think schools are closing at the end of this week.

      Delete
  14. Glad you got your operation! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful flowers.
    Wish you well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post and pics.
    Stay safe. Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  17. This virus is causing quite to=the scare and has turned everyone's world topsy turvy. My boyfriend and I have been confined for so long now and it is so great to be there for each other. We laugh so much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the images, the muffins look great & I laughed - a lot - at Maria von Trapp... #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  19. Take care of your self! Greetings from Finland! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. My goodness, what a great post! It's good to laugh and take fabulous pictures!

    Your link is a great addition to 'My Corner of the World' this week! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best wishes for health and freedom from worry!
    Thanks for joining us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/03/from-archives.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know you'll be thrilled to be out of plaster! Heal fast, and stay healthy!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/03/from-archives.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your ankle bike thingo! Much better than getting about on crutches.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Look at you still taking great photos even from your hospital bed! Those moon flowers are pretty special.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.