Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 21 July 2014

Everlasting magic - midwest Western Australia

We have been away for the last 2 weeks travelling and camping in our Pilbara and Mid-West region through Karijini National Park, Mt Augustus, Kennedy Ranges and Coalseam. The wildflowers particularly on our way south between Murchison and Mullewa in the Mid-West region were starting to come into bloom. The everlasting wildflowers were opening their white, pink and yellow faces, and spreading across the red dust like a carpet through the trees as far as you could see. It is hard to show you how magnificent there were.


 Those of you who have stopped by my blog from time to time will have seen my white everlastings images that have gone through several transformations the last couple of years.  Everlastings have papery petals and if you pick them and dry them upside down they can last for years.



 To keep reading and see more pics, please click on "read more" .....


We hadn't been up to the Mid-West to see the everlastings blooming for a few years, so I was in wildflower photographers heaven.  I will let some of my images do the talking for me. I am not a botanist, so I won't guarantee my identifications are correct.

 Pink everlastings - lawrencella rosea







These white Splendid Everalstings - Rhodanthe chlorocephala subsp. splendida
were closed up. I am not sure if they weren't quite ready to open, or the dull overcast day was the problem. However, we did see some open later on. 


These yellows are Golden Myriocephalus - Myriocephalus guerinae


Large Paper Lily - Laxmannia grandiflora 


There seemed to be a yellow variety too.....or perhaps it depends on the age of them. In the RHS pic you can see the flower head before it opens -



Here is my hubbie - animals and birds are more his thing - he probably got tired of waiting for me. He certainly is a patient driver when the call comes to "stop the car"!


I could go on and on with more everlastings pics, but I had better stop. I will be back next week with some pics from our travels. Until then have a wonderful week and thank you for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed the floral show.

 I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you.
I am linking up to Mosaic Monday, Travel Photos Monday, Our World Tuesday, Wednesday Around the World, Travel Photo Thursday, What's It Wednesday, and Oh the Places I've Been. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best! Perhaps you would like to link up too!

Mosaic Monday
Travel Photo Mondays
Our World Tuesday
Wednesday Around the World  at Communal Global
What's It Wednesday
Travel Photo Thursday
 Oh The Places I've Been


29 comments:

  1. Love your photos Jill. Everlastings are so pretty and photographic but you do them real justice. It seems as if they are out early this year? I was surprised you saw so many. Makes me want to jump in the car ... !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could do a long weekend easily Jo to see these!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, Jill, I cannot believe these beautiful images of all these gorgeous wildflowers you had the pleasure of witnessing up close!! They're all stunningly pretty, dainty and darling; I seriously think I'd have spent the entire day photographing, indulging and dreaming among them. Thank you so much for sharing your talent, once again!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I was in photographer's heaven. I could have stayed for hours, but the trouble with road travel on a time limit is that you have to keep moving to get to the next place. When I retire and go travelling I will be allowing LOTS of time.

      Delete
  3. Jill, I love all your beautiful wildflowers. Is it spring there already? The pink everlasting flowers are gorgeous.. A lovely post and photos, thanks for sharing.. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, the wildflowers in Western Australia start flowering around July in the north of the state through to October n the south. No it is still winter, but this area is dryer and warmer. They said it is an early flowering this year.

      Delete
  4. Ha, that is funny with your husband and you saying, "stop the car!" These flowers are absolutely beautiful, Jill. Like your husband I like photographing animals too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fabulous trip you two have been on; just love what you have shared here Carole, at snaphappyonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful wildflowers! That collage with all the everlastings is my favorite. It's wonderful that your husband also enjoys photography and is so willing to stop the car. By the way, I haven't forgotten about your request for activities in Penang. I have stopped traveling for a bit (was going at a rather rapid pace the last few months) and can now sit down and make up the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers. I have seen them grow in Ooty, a hill station here. Lovely photo treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love to take photos of flowers as well, especially looking deep into them at their uniqueness and design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jill, How awesome to see these Everlastings blooming! They look so delicate in their pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images Jill, I am glad I found you through Mary Cromer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You captured these beautiful flowers in such a lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Jill. I wish we had been travelling through that area at the right time to see some of the wildflowers in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a treasure trove of beauty Jill. WA has always been known for it's wild-flowers. Years ago I remember my parents taking a caravan trip over there just to see them. Your captures are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea, I finally made it and so happy I arrived to such glorious beauty. Oh my Jill, what a fantastic place, it looks like natural flower carpeting, and what lovely colours too. I would be in heaven there, just gorgeous. Thank you for this, my morning has now arrived with a peaceful calm and a smile. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe the Rhodanthe, also known as Pink Paper Daisy, is exactly what I took several weeks ago. But I didn't had no clue what kind of (pink) flower I took. Now I found them in your post!
    Here's mine: http://you-wee-because.blogspot.de/2014/07/flower-field-field-flowers.html

    Thanks for sharing your great flower photographs!

    Regards from Germany, Uwe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you dear wonderful readers for stopping by and for your comments. I really appreciate them and I am glad you enjoyed the flowers. I had fully intended catching up with all your blogs but my week has turned out rather traumatic. I hope you forgive me. I will try to stop by your blogs soon. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous wildflowers! I do hope you'll consider sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is there anything more beautiful than a field full of flowers? If so, I've not seen it.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful, Jill! I would love to see more Mid West wild flower photos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love everlastings. They really capture my imagination - and the fact that they can be dried and enjoyed for "ever" appeals to my budget ideology. My favourites are the multi-shade pink ones. It would have been amazing to see them in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH MY GOSH!! These are just incredible!! They fill me with joy. I would have to get a canvas or something of the flowers. Oh my... I haven't visited for awhile. A wedding, a bridal shower, shopping and work and then I ended up with blog problems and lost the links to all my favorite places. I'm back blogging at Behind the Garden Gate now. I put a link over at facebook. It will be awhile before I work all the kinks out. I'm just hopeless with tech problems. I adored the flowers, you really are an amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gayle. I think a canvas would be a great idea - I should have more of my photographs around my house. I have been thinking of putting a coffee table photo book together. It sounds like you have been busy. I look forward to visiting you back at Behind the Garden Gate. I am hopeless with technology too. Have a lovely weekend ahead.

      Delete
  22. You'd think because they're wild, wildflowers wouldn't be so beautiful. But they are absolutely gorgeous.
    And you know their names! I'm so impressed, Jill. Thanks, I recognize a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Every last shot is just beautiful. I can't image being there in person.~May

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jill, thank you so much for sharing these beautiful flower photos. They brought smile to my face. Really lovely shots. They should be in a calendar or postcards.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.