Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 22 October 2012

Dryandra woodland in the early morning light, Western Australia

A couple of weeks ago we went camping in the north eastern wheatbelt - an area which we had not visited before. Our first night on the road was at Dryandra Woodland, in the central wheatbelt near Narrogin, only a couple of hours drive from our home.  Dryandra is a valuable nature conservation area within the largest remnant of original vegetable in the western wheatbelt.

Dryandra is home to more than 25 mammals, 100 birds and 50 reptiles. The WA Department of Environment and Conservation has developed walk trails ranging from one to 12.4 kilometres, as well as an audio drive trail.

Here is some of the animals you might see - an echidna, a bobtail goanna and a kangaroo with joey in her pouch.


As happens with camping, I tend to wake when the sun comes up, so I was up early and went walking with my camera along the Congelin Siding Walk trail which is adjacent to the camping area. This trail follows the old Pinjarra to Narrogin railway line constructed in 1925. Along the walk you can see some wooden relics from this time.

The early morning light was so beautiful filtering through the trees that I decided to play around with shutter priority mode on my camera.  And here are some of the results.



My post wouldn't be complete without a wildflower - this is one of the spider orchid family.


 My campsite report about Dryandra was published in On The Road Australia Magazine, June 2013.


Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed this little early morning walk at Dryandra. Do you like early morning walks? Have you tried shutter priority mode? - have a go - you can capture some beautiful light. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful week.

I am linking up to Mosaic Monday at Little Red House. To see the work of Mary and other wonderful contributors across the world, please click on the link here - Mosaic Monday

I am also linking up to Travel Photo Thursday - click on the link here to see the travels of other travellers! - Travel Photo Thursday

You might also like - please click on the link here  - Dryandra woodland wonderland


14 comments:

  1. Hi Jill,

    Your mosaic is stunning! I love how you were able to capture the lighting. It looks like such a peaceful place to camp. 'm visiting from Mosaic Monday. I am entry #24 and hope you will stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful countryside caught in wonderful light, so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos from the flowers and animals in your world. Great Mosaic !
    Best regards, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, stunning photos. It looks the most beautiful place to be and your experiments with your camera have turned out some fantastic results. Thanks for visiting me, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such interesting animals! Love the porcupine. I like the composition of your photos. I especially like the photo of the wooden bridge with the path/road going off through the trees. Thanks for stopping by through Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is the time to go walking. The light is just perfect and the photos are proof of that. Beautiful Jill. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How you've manipulated the early morning lighting conditions is just gorgeous. What a wonderful walk, Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and THANK YOU for adding both my blogs, Blogonwithit and Zigazag to your blogroll x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still trying to figure out shutter priority versus aperture priority on my camera. Your results are beautiful. Lovely light.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job with the lighting. I am oh so nontechnical I would mess up every image, if I tired this~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks all. Give shutter priority a go sometime. I just experiment with different speeds, and then look at the results. The advantage of digital is you can see instant results and it doesn't matter how many pics you take. Sometimes you come up with something really magic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not at all a morning person, but when I travel to beautiful places I do make the effort, knowing, as you do, how delightful the light can be. Your images make me want to step right in and go along on the walk with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos and interesting subjects. Love how you captured the light.Glad you added the wildflower, too -- beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I knew what shutter priority mode was I would certainly give it a go!! The quality of the light in your shots is glorious! I'm an occasional early morning snapper - but more likely to be seen at sunset!!

    The orchids have been wonderful this year, haven't they? OR does that just depend on good luck in tracking them down?!?!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.