Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 20 February 2012

Languid summer days.....

It is the height of summer here in Australia, and too hot to think about cooking and taking photos of baking - so instead how about a nice cool summer drink and a sit in the shade....

Would you like a glass of iced tea?  The ice and the hint of condensation on the side of the glass I think really makes this image look refreshing.


 Glasses and china from my dear mother-in-law's china cabinet - beautiful aren't they?


I have added myself to the image below to show you the whole story. The images were purposely taken in mid-day sun, natural light, under the speckled shade of my pergola. I added a bit of warming filter in processing to give the feeling of summer heat!
Perhaps I should have had two glasses in the image - but then if I had company I wouldn't be able to just sit and read would I? but please do visit - and I will pour you a glass and we both could just sit in the shade and read.....


 Have a wonderful week!
Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to hearing from you.
I am linking up with Mary and the other amazing photographers at Mosaic Monday. Click here - Mosaic Monday

 

15 comments:

  1. I am definitely waiting for summer to arrive in the northern hemisphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill, love your photos of the nice cool drinks, your mother in laws glass ware and china is just beautiful, great for classy photos. The warming filter is a great choice. I have a friend from Edmonton that is down in Australia right now, in Adelaide. She will be going to Alice Springs next week for six weeks (into the Heat). Snowing here in Edmonton right now, but that drink looks oh so good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Those glasses are so pretty! I made some iced tea today, too! I need some prettier glasses though! Enjoy your week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your glasses are unique and the iced tea looks so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice tea is a favorite in our house and having it in such beautiful glasses makes it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your iced tea looks wonderful. I only wish it were warm enough here to actually want to drink some. Your photo gives me hope for summer to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The image that includes you is so evocative of mid-summer. What a lovely image to carry out into the gloom of a Pacific Northwest February!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful image, wonderful tea...
    Have a great week,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful setting and photos, enjoy the book, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill, your images are wonderful. The ice tea does look refreshing and has me wishing for a HOT summer day. The glasses are beautiful! And what a wonderful setting for sitting and enjoying your book. Fantastic photos, Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are the essence of "refreshing". I'll have to wait a few months to fully appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The drink looks so refreshing and I love the pic of you and drink. You look so comfy. V

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful. I'm ready to sit down and share an iced tea with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this amazing blog. It is worth sharing with all.

    Food processing JObs

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a refrshing story these few lovely images tell...it makes me feel refreshed and ready to begin my day in the cold air of KY...USA...Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.