Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 11 December 2023

Colour in my December summer garden

I love my December summer front garden. Every year it blooms glorious colours - 
red, yellow, pink, bluey mauve - and best of all these plants come back year after 
year with little maintenance. They bloom, I water and clip them back a little, 
and next summer they bloom again. Beautiful. 
So today I share some of them with you.  (My apologies for this post apearing strange 
on mobile phones. - I don't know how to fix it. Sorry)

Mauve-blue agapanthus, against the backdrop of the red coral bush, and along 
the bottom my wild hibiscus - an Australian native 




Pinks and mauves of the hydrangea - I must admit that the ones along the top 
row - the bluey mauve ones - are in my neighbour's garden

 
Roses, though they have finished their first glorious flush
The yellow Coreopsis daisy that is a wonderful border plant that comes 
back every year, frangipani, and the yellow rose bush

 
Last year a glorious new frangipani flowered in my garden - a cutting gifted to me 
by my friend - It looks like it has buds on it again - so fingers crossed. 




Native yellow and green kangaroo paws - the honey-eaters love these. 



The Australian native red bottle-brush
My Hoya is flowering in my shady patio garden


In my back garden we are picking apricots (a month early this year - looks like I 
will be making apricot jam later this week), the red and green grapes are looking 
fabulous along the side fence, and the tomatoes are coming on. We also quinces 
on our tree which will be ready in autumn. 
The apricot tree has bags all over it to firstly guard against fruit fly, and 
secondly to keep the birds off when the apricots are ready to pick. The parrots
love apricots too! 






Some of the native trees are blooming too. Everything seems early this year - 
you can see some of them on my previous post here - 
Trees are blooming for Christmas. Below are the candlestick banksia (they remind
me of giant Christmas candles), purple jacaranda (not an Australian native), 
the yellow Christmas tree, and the red flowering gum. So vibrant. 


Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to 
hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous 
contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

15 comments:


  1. Your December garden is a haven of beauty and color! The photos are stunning, and I love the variety of blooms. The back garden bounty sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so grateful to have a garden that blooms and produces

      Delete
  2. Hello Jill,
    Your garden is beautiful, so many lovely colors. The flowers and blossoming trees are beautiful. It is nice to have such a variety of fruits growing in your yard. Lovely post and photos. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Jill, thanks for brightening up my gloomy morning with your fabulous flowers. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How delightful these all seem...so bright and cheerful! Just what a December southern hemisphere life must be like, and so different from mine. Thanks for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes my mouth water to imagine the fresh apricots. I love their tart flavor. Love seeing your pretty flowers too. We have a few wildflowers left in the forest and some roses in my flower beds. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is so big and colorful!! I've downsized and the colors are just coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Beautiful photos of flowers and blooming trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such glorious blossoms you've captured here! Thanks so much for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/12/a-living-nativity-at-nearby-church.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers. So lovely to see everything in bloom.
    The fresh fruit looks so tasty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so pretty! Where I live December gardens are dormant, frosty, and often covered in snow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you again for this lovely post.

    Yes, I can relate to that: I love apricots too. As fruit, for dessert or as jam. Your summer garden with its many different blossoms leaves nothing to be desired - wonderful. I was delighted to see the so-called porcelain flower in your garden ... it reminds me of my beloved grandma!

    By the way, I've found a trick for the translations that actually works well with a few exceptions. I call up the respective address via the link party portal and then get the offer to receive the translation with a button. Even from Norwegian!

    Thank you so much for this wonderful post on
    MosaicMonday

    Hugs from Heidrun, I wish you a pleasant time

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful flowers and wonderful backyard...
    some flowers look like new for me..... thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.