Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Apple roses - easy and delicious dessert

I don't know if you have seen the little video that this trolling around Facebook at the moment for little Apple Roses.


 I've been seeing it pop up now and then over the last few months. They looked so delicious and easy to make. A couple of weeks ago we had some friends coming to our house for lunch so I decided Ito stop procrastinating and make them! They were a hit with our guests.

I'm not sure how to upload the little how to video - but please go to the link from Just Eating Real Food - Apple Roses - I hope it works for you ok. 

They were fun and easy to make and used very few ingredients. They were a bit fiddly to make so allow 1 hour preparation time. 


And here is the recipe - 

2 red applies - half and core - I used Pink Lady apples - and cut into thin slices. 
Put into a bowl of water with juice of half a lemon. Microwave for 3 minutes. 
Drain water.
Put 3 tablespoons of apricot jam with 2 tablespoons of water into a small bowl, and microwave for 1 minute. (You could try other sorts of jam too)
Thaw 1 or 2 sheets of puff pastry. (1 sheet will make 6 rolls, 2 sheets 12 rolls)
Roll the pastry out thin and cut into 6 strips.
Spread with jam. Place slices of apple on one half of the pastry strips. Sprinkle with cinnamon. 
Fold over the other half of the pastry strip and roll into rose shapes.
Put into muffin tin. (I put squares of baking paper into each muffin hole first).
Bake at 375F or 190C for 40-45 minutes. (I brushed over a little melted butter before cooking)
Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve. Enjoy! 



Do you have the grandies coming over to stay? I am sure they will love helping you make and eat these!   Usually I would do a bit better with my food photography styling, but everyone was waiting to eat!




  Last night I went to the first of four Spanish cooking classes conducted by my Spanish  friend Montse. We made two Tapas -  Potato Tortilla Espanola, Mushrooms with garlic and lemon sauce and finished with Churros. Oh my goodness those Churros are so delicious! and easy to make. Now I just have to find the little machine needed to push the mixture through. 
I'm looking forward to next weeks lesson. 


Have you a little easy recipe you enjoy making or been to cooking classes? Perhaps you would like to tell us about it in the comments. Montse says the most important thing for the Spanish is to enjoy the food with friends.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week.

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Mosaic Monday

Lifestyle Fifty Monday Linkup 
Our World Tuesday

Through My Lens 
Image-in-ing
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global
Worth Casing Wednesday
What's It Wednesday

23 comments:

  1. Oh my - that looks awesome!
    Please come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/10/beach-walk-at-sunrise.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your report on the Apple roses. I wanted to try them too. I like the inclusion of "fiddlly" time. That works for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's good to know "fiddly" time isn't it when you read a recipe. Then at least you know whether it is possible at the last minute or not!

      Delete
  3. they look too pretty to eat! almost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think I have seen these (maybe on facebook - can't remember) they look delicious, and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I saw it on facebook. You should try them!

      Delete
  5. What a great idea for a dessert and they really do look like roses! I like simple desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have indeed seen the apple roses and they would be elegant to serve for a luncheon. I only ever took a cooking class once and that was when we got our first microwave. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jill they look so lovely. You're amazing. I bet they took a bit of time to make, but for a treat they look well worth it. I must spend more time cooking !! You're food styling by the way looked ACE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just baked my first cake in Greece and such an event it was I plan to give it a whole blog post of its own soon! I've heard of these and you make them look so beautiful and tasty that I may have to give it a try when I get back to the States, that is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, they look delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I would like to take a cooking class just for fun! Great post and your food photos are always amazing. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful - and delicious, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! They look amazing!! I'm not surprised everyone wanted to eat them. It never occurred to me to actually make churros, fabulous though they are - I wonder would a sausage machine work, or if that's too big, an icing bag on the absolute biggest setting?? Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been totally wanting to try these! How yummy! Great job!
    http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/2015/10/grey-corner-view.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. They do look luscious Jill and I may try your recipe, but I had planned to use the one I have for Thanksgiving. Mine never would look photo ready though...I am just not a very clear shot cook, but they will taste wonderful and will be gone~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen the apple roses before. They make a nice presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look amazing. What a fabulous idea

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look fabulous! I've never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.