Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 3 November 2014

Continuing my Project 365

Hi everyone! Welcome back.  I am now into the last two months of my Project 365! I can hardly believe that the end is in sight and that I have managed throughout everything that has happened this year to keep going faithfully taking a photo every day. It is a habit now, though sometimes it is a quickly snapped shot at the end of the day.


 
To read more please click on "read more"!



Those that have been following me know that August and September was a very emotional time. I was glad to find distraction with my camera.  You can catch up on my 365 posts from those months here -
Life in pictures - June, July, August
Welcoming new beginnings - 1-15 September


Little my little, I have wiped my tears, and I have let the sunshine back in - 

Day 259-273 - Beautiful yellow chrysanthemums, an art display at my Grandsons' school, rediscovering and making my Dad's first jigsaw puzzle (the Queen Mary in Trafalgar Square), freesias in my garden, my Mum's old treadle sewing machine which I learnt to sew on and now in my house, raindrops on rose leaves, a blackboard message, a rainy day on the beach, back at work, roses in my garden, raindrops on my windscreen, my orange tree blooming, a bee orchid along a bush walk, boxes of my Dad's life, and a fast yellow car (no not mine) 


 The bee orchid seen in Manea Park. It was so wonderful to go for a bush walk. It had been such a long time, I was thinking that I might have missed the wildflowers, but there were still plenty to see. I love looking for wild orchids. Some of them are so delicate they blend into their surrounds, or if they are a sun orchid they don't open on a cloudy day.


Day 274-289 - In October I discovered a tiny wooden jigsaw puzzle of my Dad's tucked away in a box (a few pieces were missing), the parrots were delighting in the bird bath in my garden, we had a much needed weeks holiday in Penang - you might recognise some of the pics from my posts - Penang in Bloom and Penang Travel tips for the First Timer
We watched Sol-y-Sombra Flamenco Spanish dance company at the Dardanup Bull & Barrell Festival, the Banksias are in flower in my area, my apricot tree is fruiting, yachts on the bay, sushi at my desk for lunch, and my last look at my Dad's unit before I handed back the keys. 


  A quiet moment of solitude in Penang.




And the colour and energy of the festival. If you have Facebook you can see some more pics by clicking here - Sol-y-Sombra-Spanish-Dance-Company-School-of-Dance 
I missed a lot of dance classes during August-September, and then we were away during rehearsals, so I didn't perform, just took pictures. They were wonderful. 




Day 290 - 304 - The red bottlebrush flowers were at their blooming best near my work, cafe coffee, brilliant almost fluro green kangaroo paws along a bush walk with friends at Ambergate Reserve in Busselton, beautiful Queen Anne's Lace, trees on my way home from work, cakes in a cafe (so wonderful to be back lunching with my girl friends), forklift at my work, sillouhette of my pot plant at work, grandson #2 loves wizzies, and climbing!, some baking treasures from my Mum's kitchen, kangaroo paws in my garden, a few drying protea heads, salad and fish cake for lunch at my desk, and my agapanthus blooms are emerging from their buds - beautiful.
Hmm....seems to be a few work photos - obviously not much photographic inspiration those days! 


I can't get over the green of this kangaroo paw - no post-processing. 
We enjoyed a wonderful few hours bushwalking and picnicking at Ambergate Reserve with like minded friends.


I am getting back into life - I ran a one day "photography composition" workshop at beautiful Lyndendale Gallery. Thank you Denise for your support.


Denise has Queen Anne's lace growing in her garden. I had never seen it before other than on blogs. So beautiful. I couldn't resist playing around in post-processing with this underneath shot. You can see the before on the left, and after on the right.


Fun at the park 


We also went bush-walking at Crooked Brook Forest to look at the wildflowers. Spring is magical here in Western Australia. How could this beautiful delicate wildflower have a name like "Common Milkwort"? Botanical name is Comesperma virgatum.


 And the first of a series of images of my agapanthus blooms.This one lit by afternoon light from behind.


 I wonder what November and December will bring. 

 I have just been to a two-day photography workshop with multi award winning photography Nick Melidonis, organised through the Photography Group of Bunbury. What a wonderful weekend of inspiration it has been.
 You can check out Nick's work by clicking here - Nick Medlidonis. I would love to go on Nick's Greece tour next year - but I don't think the $$ will stretch that far unfortunately. It promises to be a fabulous tour.

I hope that over the final two months of my project you might see some of the inspiration from Nick's workshop rubbing off into my image taking and will pave the way for some interesting photography experiments. Here is a start.... I had my camera on a tripod and panned up as I pressed the shutter. What do you think?

Project 365 - day 306 - 2 November 



Have you ever done a 365 project. It can be a daunting task. The important thing is to have fun!  You can catch up with the rest of my 365 project here - Project 365

ps - Early in the year I was interviewed by Redz Australia (Red Nomad Oz Amazing Australian Adventures blog) for her Red Alert guest. It has taken a little while to be published in blog land - Red has been travelling and getting a book published - but the post is now up. Thanks for the promo Red.  I feel like I have hit the big time to be interviewed by you!  Red is such a wonderful promoter of Australian travel, and I love her writing style - if you haven't been to her blog you should check it out. You can see the post by clicking here - http://www.redzaustralia.com/2014/11/red-alert-12-red-is-for-life/






Spider Orchid
Thanks for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful week.

I am linking up to Mosaic Monday, Travel Photos Monday, Our World Tuesday, Wednesday Around the World, Travel Photo Thursday, and What's It Wednesday.  Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Mosaic Monday
Travel Photo Mondays
Our World Tuesday
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global
What's It Wednesday
Travel Photo Thursday


 



 
 

31 comments:

  1. Project 365 has been a long time commitment but you always have interesting photos to share of your days. Putting them all together for an overview makes a nice mosaic.
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed that you've managed to keep it up in amongst the hectic days of your life, Jill and also to such an amazing standard. I love the way your photos and their short captions give an insight into your life and WA, a very touching insight which goes deep rather than wide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say it has been a bit of a challenge over the last few months - but I am glad I have kept at it. It will be a lovely visual reminder of my year. Thanks Jo.

      Delete
  3. Hello Jill, your 365 project looks like a success. Your images are all beautiful. Great post, thanks for sharing.. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I could do the 365 day challenge, but I did do a 30 day one recently which had set subject criteria which sometimes made it easier then at other times more difficult. Gorgeous photos as usual Jill. Love the dancing girls and the vivid colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I agree, having the subject by someone else has its challenges and disadvantages. The Spanish girls look great don't they?

      Delete
  5. Catherine Curnow4 November 2014 at 08:29

    Wow! Jill I LOVE your blog posts. So many beautiful photos, and all described with few words. A skill I've yet to learn! The pictures tell their own story. Thank you for sharing your life's journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Jill! Certainly a daunting task like mine of doing at least one drawing a day. Unfortunately my sagging health cut some sizeable holes in my project. I wish you perseverance with yours. Lovely photos. Our wildflowers are really stunning as is your ring-neck parrot. One could say so much about your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one drawing a day - my that is a challenge. I hope your health is improving. And thankyou for the lovely comments.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful images Jill, the image of the agapanthus bloom is lovely. Best wishes and have a wonderful and happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sun orchid and kangaroo paw flowers are soooo cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely photography. What a challenge to take a photo each day. I don't know that I would have the self discipline to so, nor do I have such an interesting, active life that I could sustain such originality, beauty, and variety that you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whatever your pictures would be, that would be a snapshot of your life. It is special to you.

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous and colourful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful practice and so much you have brought us!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where has this year gone??!! I can't believe that you are down to your final two months of the project. As always I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite photo from this post - they are all spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your images are beautiful. A 365 day project is something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha ha no, Jill, never a 365 day photo project, but I do take a snap or more very day, so it probably would not be so hard a stretch, it is the posting that would never catch up. These are all just splendid and beautiful and marvelous all rolled into one gorgeous post. I think that experiment is a winner and you have probably seen some of my own shared on here and FB...just such a great thing to be able to do so much with photography today. Take care~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. you would have no trouble doing a 365. It is up to you whether you want to post every day, or just do collages like I have. A 365 shouldn't be a self imposed burden. The rules are up to you.

      Delete
  15. Wow, kudos to you for keeping with the project! You truly have gorgeous shots...will you be printing them all out and creating a scrapbook of your year? I sure hope so!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jess. I might get a book printed up after the year has finished. It would be great to look back on.

      Delete
  16. I am glad you have let the sunshine shine in your life again. I find my camera is a great place to deal with hard times and see the beauty in life. I love your flower pics, especially the agapanthus (Aggy's Pants) they make me think of my parent's garden. That blurred photo is interesting ... almost like that painting by that artist that has been turned into and embroidery in Parliament House (obviously I know what I am going on about LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find solace in my camera too when times are difficult. It is a great outlet. I love that name "Aggy's Pants"! I had never heard them called that before. I must go back and look at my photo of that magnificent piece in Parliament House from when we visited a few years ago.

      Delete
  17. Hi Jill. A beautiful year of shots, Jill, and I'm sure you'll be shooting a lot more loveliness before the end of the year. Great panning shot! Thanks for linking up to Travel Photo Thursday this week. #TPThursday

    ReplyDelete
  18. how wonderful. I should really start carrying my camera with me and taking more photos. some beautiful shots here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you should make it a habit - a fun habit - you never know what shot will jump before you when you least expect it.

      Delete
  19. It has been a pleasure sharing the world through your eyes! So much beauty to see, I've loved it all!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  20. What great shots. I admire your sticking to your 365 project!

    ReplyDelete
  21. AMAZING, beautiful photos. I think photography keeps me in the moment, noticing the moment. And I suppose that is all we have. I've thought of you often and I hope your heart is finding comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  22. you produce very beautiful images on your project. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.