Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

My first texture class

Well I have finally done it - I have taken the plunge and started a new artist direction.

With a huge thank you to Kim Klassen from Kim Klassen Cafe - I just completed my first lesson of my "Art of Texture e-course". Below is the result - it is a hydrangea from my garden.  What do you think?  I have wanted to learn about textures for so long - having seen the work of Kim and also other artists on Flickr.  Perhaps this will be my project for 2012. 

See here with textures added from Kim's textures - "beach sand" and "peacock" with painterly effect.


the original - straight out of camera..........


 I am joining Kim and other "texturists" for Texture Tuesday - please click on the link to see the work of Kim and other contributors - Texture Tuesday at Kim's Cafe

Thanks Kim! I am on my way!
ps - this took a while, but I was doing it step by step with the class video as I went. With luck as time goes by, with practice!, the process will speed up!

 I would be very interested which you like the best. You can be honest! My husband prefers the original!
Thanks all - I look forward to hearing from you.

I hope in 2012 you all dare to dream, start a new project, and enjoy the simple things in life that bring you happiness.

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful image with great processing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill this is lovely how you have processed this perfect photo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shot, I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill, purple and hydrangeas are two of my favorites, luv, how you have "tweaked" your photos!
    Barb in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I agree with your husband, preferring the original, but then, I'm generally not a fan of textures. It is good to experiment and try something new, you never know what you may discover, both in process and result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love both images, with and without the texture. Just lovely!
    Blessings from New Zealand
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.