Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 21 September 2015

Lazy Sunday Vineyard Lunch- Flutes, Brookland Valley Vineyard, Western Australia

On Sunday we enjoyed a lovely lazy Sunday lunch with friends at Flutes Restaurant at the Brookland Valley Vinyard in Western Australia's south west corner Capes wine region. 

Our friends traveled down from Perth on Saturday, and on Sunday morning we took a leisurely drive down through Busselton, Dunsborough and Yallingup and then along Caves Road to Brookland. 

Along the way we could see that the grape vines are starting to sprout


  
The "Verse" range of wines from Brookland Valley Vineyard have been a favourite of ours for some years so it was lovely to visit them again.  Can you see the statue of the flutist in the middle right of the collage below? He is featured on their wine bottles.






By chance Flutes Restaurant were celebrating the start of spring with a 3 course Spring Set Menu for Two for only $100 per couple. You can see it here.



For entree my husband and I shared the Charcuterie gourmet taste plate, while our friends chose the Pumpkin Soup, and the Chinese Style Duck and Mushroom Spring Rolls. For lunch we all selected the Moroccan Chicken Breast, and for dessert my husband and I chose the Flutes Gourmadise selection of Petit Desserts to share, and our friends chose the Seasonal Fruit Crepes. 

You can see some of our choices here. My husband and I like the idea of the taste plate with a variety of tasty morsels. The entree taste plate included pate, cured meats, venison terrein, fish, olives, feta, and pickled vegetables. 


Our meals were all absolutely delicious and went well with our bottle of Brookland Valley Verse 1 Cabernet Merlot. (yes I know white should be eaten with chicken but you don't always have to follow convention) 

As I said, delicious.....


 Afterwards we decided to stop by the nearby Duckstein Brewery for coffee, and then dropped into Happs Vineyard and Pottery before heading home. 


Duckstein Brewery, Caves Road


Happs Winery and Pottery, Commonage Road

We are so lucky to live only about an hour away from the wonderful Marget River wine region. It is an easy drive down and a lovely way to spend a lazy weekend day with friends. 
And with good company, a lovely spring day, and a delicious menu like Flutes Spring Set Menu which won't break the bank for a special occasion, how could you go wrong. 

For more information on Brookland Valley Vineyard, please click here - Brookland Valley
and visit Flutes Restaurant on their Facebook page here - Flutes Restaurant

A good place to start exploring is by visiting Australia's South West here - Margaret River Wine Region




Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week.

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!


Mosaic Monday
Travel Photo Mondays

Lifestyle Fifty Monday Linkup 
Our World Tuesday

Through My Lens 
Image-in-ing
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global
Worth Casing Wednesday
What's It Wednesday
Travel Photo Thursday

The Weekly Postcard 

You might also like - 
 10 things to do in Yallingup without going to the beach
A walk through Ambergate Reserve, Busselton
Busselton Jetty & the Equinox Cafe, Busselton




33 comments:

  1. I am seriously making Western Australia a destination for 2016. My list of places to see, places to eat at, is growing very long.The food and location look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what a wonderful lunch Jill. I haven't been to Flutes since 2011. Definitely time to go back. Seems like you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous and now I'm starving xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jill, I love the cute flutist statue. What a nice visit to the winery and the meal looks delicious. Lovely photos and post. Have a happy new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally someone with the courage to post both before and after food photos! I am still smiling. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was an expensive meal! Must be a very high end restaurant. Glad you treated yourselves and had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a special treat we thought $50 each for 3 courses was excellent value, and the food was delicious.

      Delete
  7. Oh wow - such cool shots!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/09/steam-powered-whatchamacallits.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vineyard just coming to life is stunning and that menu/food oh so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely blog ... and a great Mosaic Monday post. My first time visit and I so enjoyed seeing those beautiful sunflowers in your header.

    Wishing you a beautiful day,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Brenda for stopping by. I am so glad you enjoyed my blog. It is great to "meet" you.

      Delete
  10. Your lunch was tasty looking Jill and the presentation was artistic.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so lucky to have all this on your doorstep Jill. We have a few wineries at Mt Tamborine which is only about a 40 minute drive from the Gold Coast or otherwise we can drive out to the Granite Belt region of Stanthorpe where there are hundreds of wineries. Your lunch looked delicious and photos as per usual - magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like you I don't always follow convention Jill - for instance I'd have probably started with pudding - wow it all looks so fabulous! I love the empty plate photos :)
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  13. W.A. is a wonderful destination and I can't wait to get back there Jill. The meal looked amazing and affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great day out. That food looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glorious day out with what looked like excellent food by the look of the empty dishes. Love the reflection shots.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like finger painting with a spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog looks beautiful Jill and that recent post on Flutes - Hmm mm - even the leftovers (no there are no leftovers) I mean the emptied plates look like art on on a plate.
    My cousin and I are going there for lunch next month - really looking forward to it. I'm going to refer her to your blog also

    ReplyDelete
  18. so beautiful....i love vineyards. your photos are wonderful, and the food looks delicious. it's a really lovely place. sorry my caps key isn't working...very annoying

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that looks SO good

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful part of the world AND amazing food! Looks like an awesome trip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous Jill. Wonderful photos and great descriptions. I love seeing photos of plates licked clean. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That food look delicious and it sounds like a nice time out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous place to have an awesome meal! Your empty, clean dishes tell the entire story. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks so lovely! And that food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It sounds like a wonderful time was had by all :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Jill. What an amazing property! I love the flutist. Your lunch looks divine. I want one of each! Thanks for linking up this week. #TPThursday

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. I think a tasting plate is a great idea since so many things on a menu usually appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.