Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 20 November 2017

Be still

Life seems to have gone a little mad the last few days, and doesn't look like slowing down, so I decided to give myself a break from blogging this week, and to try and take some time to..... be still.....
Do you sometimes feel that life is going way too fast, and you just want to stop, to sit, to treasure life, to just... be still....


 I do. I just want to let go, slow down and smell the flowers.




These were captured in the Porongurups in Western Australia's south a couple of weeks ago, with quick processing in Lightroom with a pre-set from Kim Klassen called 'still'. I like the soft dreamy look.


I hope to be back next week to tell you about some of the amazing wildflowers of one of our biodiversity hotspots, the Fitzgerald River National Park on Western Australia's south coast, which we visited a few weeks ago. Wildflowers like these you see below ...

Barrens Regelia - Regelia velutina
Qualup Bells - Pimelia physodes
and the Scarlet Banksia - Banksia coccinea -  which I showed you last week along the Farm Gate Art Trail


Until then, have a fabulous week. I hope you have some "be still" time this week.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Life in Reflection

Hello there! I love reading your comments. Just click down here to comment too! 

10 comments:

  1. Very beautiful photos! Enjoy your week. I'm getting ready to take a few days away from my computer too! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such unusual flowers. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am taking your suggestion and slow down this week:) - except for Thursday Turkey Day. Thank you for wishing a happy Thanksgiving -it's a big holiday for many Americans, almost as big as Christmas.
    Beautiful captures, Jill! Love the edit of Kim Klassen very much. Thanking you for linking to All Seasons and have relaxing week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have backed off blogging this week. Sometimes one needs some 'think' time and time to savor the moments around us. Enjoy this week - renew and enjoy and see you next week. Thanks for stopping by my blog ~ as you know these visits are always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed a whole week of being still here in Paphos and I very much enjoyed looking at your still life images whilst the day woke up around me this morning. Sometimes stepping away from a hectic life can be difficult, I find that quiet time must be included now and then so that my batteries can be recharged. Thank you for choosing to join Mosaic Monday again this week, I so enjoy reading your blog and would miss it very much if you stayed away too long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos - and I love that Lightroom preset :) Yes I absolutely feel the same. Need to slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogging is such a change from my life when I was working, that it is my way to 'be still'. Just goes to show our diversity - we all need different things ... looking forward to your next post, when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos and I hope you find the peace and rest you need!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.