Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Sunday 31 August 2014

Life in pictures - June-July-August

 I would have never imagined at the beginning of June how life has changed in only a few months. It certainly has had highs and lows. As my 365 Project reflects - one photo a day every day.  The project has sometimes been a challenge to take a photo every day.

Sometimes it is easy, sometimes my shots are planned, but often they are just a quick snapshot or a random shot on my way home from work!  But my friend has just wisely said to me -
Random shots of a moment in your life where every minute is as special as any other - nothing wrong with that!

Please click on read more to keep reading and seeing more!


At the end of the year it will be interesting to look back over my year in pictures. Actually when I look back now, I see more random than not! 

In June we see - fun in the park, making Anzac biscuits, beautiful sunset over the Leschenault Estuary, autumn leaves, autumn grape vine leaves, jetty views, avenue of trees near Dardanup, insect patterns on gum leaf, Anzac biscuits in the oven, sunset search lights, soup and toasted sandwich for lunch, river reflections, cotton reels, Perth view over Swan River, Miss Muffin cat looking out the window at Lyndendale Gallery. 


To keep reading and see more pics, please click on "read more" .....





New Castanets we bought for our Daughter-in-law, flooded beach after a storm, autumn gardens in town, paddock trees on the way home from work, end of day traffic, town street scape on way to have coffee with friends, last of my roses, photographic shoot for a glass artist, light pole, magazines I write for, machinery getting loaded onto a truck at my work, art piece at the Art Gallery, leadlight windows in a Boyanup country pub, oranges on our tree, china in a homewares shop.





In July we travelled up to Western Australia's Pilbara region for a couple of weeks camping. We had a wonderful trip and it was great to get away. I needed it. Bliss.

Below you can see - sunset sillouhette, light poles going into the village where my Dad lives, packing food ready for our camping trip, our first camping night at Bilyuin Pool in the Pilbara, red rock in Dales Gorge in Karijini National Park, Kalamina Gorge, red dirt road, Hamersley Gorge, track side camp fire, Mt Augustus sunset, views from Mt Augustus, Mulla Mulla, Green Bird Flower, Kennedy Ranges sunrise, driving out of Kennedy Ranges, pink everlastings.




The beautiful wildflower Mottlecah, driving back through Perth, checking my Facebook, giant lemon, in the car wash, winter trees at sunset, rainbow on the way to work, Flamenco shawl swirling, icecream selection, Bird of Paradise, last rose bud, city art collection in storage, rose hips, home at last, hospital. 

This last photo "hospital" was the beginning of a month long stay in hospital for my darling Dad. He is still there and the prognosis is not at all good.


Below we see bare winter trees in the hospital carpark, my son swinging his nephew in a wizzy, swirling branches, noodles, vegetables in our farmer's market, flame tree flowers, yellow daisy, in my car (this must have been a bad day!), dried gum leaves, ferns in my garden, chocolate slice, welcome home flowers, creative seaweed art, my camera has a meltdown at "blooming art", phone pic, "Blooming Art" at the Bunbury Art Gallery. 





Below you can see my floral art piece in "Blooming Art" at the Bunbury Art Gallery (the highlight of my month), part of my Blooming Art which I boxed up to take to my Dad, trees in the hospital carpark, the hospital corridor (I know it well...on the right is a lovely Chapel), tree reflections in the hospital carpark, waves on the beach, jetty at sunset on the Swan River Perth, everlasting flower in Perth's Kings Park, damage I did to my car in the carpark, flowers for my Dad's 85th birthday in hospital, flowers which dear friends sent to me, pink daisies, rain on my windscreen in the hospital car park, my son coaching junior soccer, cows in the beautiful green rolling hills of the Ferguson Valley.








I send all my love to my Dad. Praying for peace for him. 



Thanks for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful week. 

For those who are waiting for me to continue my posts about our recent Pilbara trip, I apologise, life has been very difficult this past few weeks, especially this last week, but I will get back to it soon - please hang there in with me. 

I am linking up to Mosaic Monday, Travel Photos Monday, Our World Tuesday, Wednesday Around the World, Travel Photo Thursday, and What's It Wednesday.  Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Mosaic Monday
Travel Photo Mondays
Our World Tuesday
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global
What's It Wednesday
Travel Photo Thursday

 You mights also like - 

Pilbara camping in Karijini National Park
Blooming Art, Bunbury Art Gallery
Project 365

30 comments:

  1. I love the window decal of birds by the cat! Lovely and interesting pictures of such a variety of things! I can hardly believe fall is ready to pounce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jill a visit to your blog is just a treat! These photos are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your dear Dad. He would be very proud to have such a talented daughter who takes the most magnificent photos. I adored your photo collages so much, particularly the contrasts of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful photos, the collages are just wonderful. Being from WA I can relate to them. Look forward to seeing more from your Pilbara trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mosaic of photos for each month is an excellent way to journal and yours are all stunning.
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jill, Your images are absolutely stunning! Love the last one, and the little girl pic, and the "red soil" on the paths...I've never been to western Australia, although I have been privileged to visit Melbourne, Sydney, and Cairns. What a wonderful country! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning images worthy of putting in a book...I have seen some great photo projects like this put into books...love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are always so wonderful, and this project will make for very special memories of this year. I'm so sorry your dad is ill. I wish him, and you, peace in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope life is getting better and easier for you and for your father.

    Your photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your collages say more about daily life than any diary could. It must be a very difficult time for you at the moment so I hope there is much love and support around you to help cope with the most terrible of times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great project and no matter what photo it shows what you have been doing and what your life is filled with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems they were some busy months for you! I am hoping to cross the Tasman in the next few years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, I enjoyed every one of these Jill and I am thinking that I have been along for the ride ;) I continue to lift up you, and your family. Hugs being sent from far away~

    ReplyDelete
  14. An amazing collection- you can do anything with a camera Jill. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such a gifted photographer, Jill. Your mosaics tell the story of your adventures of the last three months, and from what I can see, you have certainly been busy with travel, taking you to many exciting places, both on the road and in your heart. Best wishes for health and happiness.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you dear wonderful readers. I really appreciate you dropping by and taking the time to comment. And for your thoughts as I sit by the bedside of my darling Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sunset image is beautiful and I do love doing some baking with my kids

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jill, Your images are stunning! I applaud you for being able to complete such a lengthy project. I took photos everyday in the month of April and it almost killed me: too stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful images, Jill, and I'm so impressed with your ability to keep up with a photo every day - especially when life throws some hard times your way. Peace to you and your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your photos are always inspiring, but how I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to visit the Pilbara region. I look forward to reading more about it and especially seeing your pictures when you get back into it. Sorry to hear about your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm thinking of you at this very difficult time and feeling sad because of your dear Dad, and yet uplifted at the same time by your wonderful photography. The photo a day challenge has been a wonderful way for you to document small moments with big appeal, and you tell a wonderful story through your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning collection of shots, Jill. My thoughts are with you and your Dad. Thanks for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry to hear about your Dad. My Mother-In-Law just passed away and it has been a harrowing and emotional roller coaster. Her funeral was yesterday and I am still reeling. You have taken some wonderful photos and just looking at them makes me see the beauty of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jill, it's wonderful to have a glimpse of your random moments through your beautiful images. You are surrounded by an amazing beauty.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Sending good thoughts your way. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Jill, I am praying for your dad, too. I remember enjoying some of these photos in previous posts over the last few months. That chocolate slice photo has such great presentation and is a nice change from the typical slice on a plate photo. I have been finding my life less visually stimulating since we moved away from Malaysia and have barely taken out my camera since we returned to Texas. However, your daily photos -- especially the ones at the hospital -- remind me that it's a way to focus on all aspects of life and that there are ways to find beauty even when things are grim. I will be thinking of you and your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Jill! So sorry for my long absence. My thoughts are with you and your family and I wish you all the best. As usual, I am overcome by your marvellous photos and I look forward to finally featuring some of them on my blog in our interview in the very near future - stay tuned!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sitting by the bed-side of your darling Dad is such a bitter-sweet time ... my thoughts and prayers are with you Jill.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.